Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Good golf course for first time player

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Good golf course for first time player

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

honavery

Mister Shifter wrote >>
    Another good beginners course is Bridgeview, a nine-hole course owned by Columbus State. Inexpensive, not too difficult, and interesting layout.
    http://www.cscc.edu/bridgeview/index.shtml

Oh yeah, this was probably my 2nd most played course last summer. It does have some interesting holes. Gotta watch out the first 4 or 5 holes though, it’s really tight!

billiejean

honavery wrote >>

Mister Shifter wrote >>
    Another good beginners course is Bridgeview, a nine-hole course owned by Columbus State. Inexpensive, not too difficult, and interesting layout.
    http://www.cscc.edu/bridgeview/index.shtml

Oh yeah, this was probably my 2nd most played course last summer. It does have some interesting holes. Gotta watch out the first 4 or 5 holes though, it’s really tight!

Sounds really interesting! I’ll have to check it out! Thanks for the info

cyclist II
    Participant

Broadview in Pataskala.

Its got a view of Broad St. And there is a Wendys next to it where you can eat after golfing.

mBuckeyem
    Participant

I saw Raymond Memorial mentioned a bunch and I’d agree that is a great place for a beginner. I’d still consider myself a beginner and I seem to feel most comfortable there and it is pretty easy.

1 tip – always try to have a foursome when you go there. I don’t like playing with people I don’t know and the clubhouse tries to mix and match singles and doubles into groups of four even when the course isn’t very busy – like during their twilight special.

I like to spend the day hacking balls at Minerva Lake. No water, No sand and it’s acceptable to wear jorts

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Agreed on Minerva. It does have a couple of moderately tough holes, but it’s pretty wide open and inexpensive.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Urban Living Tour returns (with strict safety guidelines) on Aug 30!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS