Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Good golf course for first time player

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Good golf course for first time player

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

sjf

@michaelcoyote: Four Seasons out east is a driving range where you can schedule lessons. It seems like they do a pretty thorough job from what I’ve observed. Not a huge fan of the driving range itself, but it’s the closest one to me.

psullivan85

Hidden Valley GC in Delaware is a great starting place.

It’s 8 par 3’s and one par 4. Quick, cheap rounds.

DerDrache

Blacklick green course. Mostly par 3s and par 4s. Enjoy the round!

Tigertree

Since I am assuming everyone posting on here golfs, I try and go at least twice a week around 7:00 AM to Wilson, Raymond or Mentel. Always game to play with new people.
    We’re also going to host a Tigertree “You’re A Man Now, Dress Like It” golf outing sometime during the summer.

sjf

Wish I could play in the AM, but there’s no hope of that unless it’s for business. I might be interested in the outing this summer.

aaminian
    Participant

Tigertree wrote >>
    Since I am assuming everyone posting on here golfs, I try and go at least twice a week around 7:00 AM to Wilson, Raymond or Mentel. Always game to play with new people.
    We’re also going to host a Tigertree “You’re A Man Now, Dress Like It” golf outing sometime during the summer.

Sounds awesome! I’d totally be in for this. I’m so tired of seeing grown men dressed like 5 year-olds out on the course. Lemme know if you need any help organizing.

Tigertree

It’s actually more about that than the actual golf. “You’re a man now, dress like it,” is a reoccurring section on the Tigertree blog. I am (if you have read anything clothing related I have written here) a big fan of dressing appropriately for the situation. We’re hoping to get some of our lines to hook us up with some give-aways, we’ll have Tigertree polos for all the golfers, and a parking lot party after.

Hael

billiejean

Great suggestions on this thread. I was thinking about going out sometime this week and am a first time golfer. Any other good cheap starter golf courses out there?

Twixlen
    Participant

Really, the Wilson Rd 9 holer is the best beginner’s course… with Raymond being next. It’s been a while, but I think Bolton Field is a nice wide course as well.

I really need to play more this summer. I haven’t had the clubs out in almost 2 years. So wrong.

honavery

As a beginning golfer myself, I would def. agree that Wilson road is a great course for that. Last summer I tried to play it at least once a week. I played most of the city courses last year. Airport is pretty good too, and more of a “real” golf course (more par 4’s and 5’s, 18 holes). Courses that frustrated me were Mentel and the back 9 at Champion which just totally kicked my ass. I like Phoenix a lot too, but it is def. a hard course for me. Pretty nice for how affordable it is though.

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

I’d say Turnberry in Pickerington. It’s very nice, and full of par 3’s.

The Landings at Rickenbacker is a good one to learn on. Fairly easy course, very cheap, and never crowded.

The Landings at Rickenbacker is a good one to learn on. Fairly easy course, very cheap, and never crowded.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Another good beginners course is Bridgeview, a nine-hole course owned by Columbus State. Inexpensive, not too difficult, and interesting layout.

http://www.cscc.edu/bridgeview/index.shtml

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!