Our City Online

Messageboard - Art Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Good Design in Hard Times at the OSU Urban Arts Space

Home Forums Events Art Events Good Design in Hard Times at the OSU Urban Arts Space

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

uas
    Participant

http://uas.osu.edu/exhibition/gooddesign-hardtimes

Featuring four projects located in Columbus neighborhoods, Good Design in Hard Times at the OSU Urban Arts Space from January 10th to February 4th explores the way in which creative design responds to a post-recession era. Headed by Tim Lai and Eliza Ho of ALTernative, this exhibition explores the entrepreneurial spirit and thinking that seems to define a post-recession era, which is evident in Columbus through the thriving scenes of food trucks, pop-up stores, public art, and ever-growing local movements.

cbus11

nevermind

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

cbus11 said:
    nevermind

Ah ok, care to elaborate or was that the booze talking at 130am?

cbus11

I was sharing my thoughts on on the SoHud mural, but realized this was about four projects and am waiting to see the show. Maybe ‘nevermind’ seems to terse, but I was unsure how to delete a post.

News
    Participant

Winter exhibits at OSU Urban Arts Space
    Wednesday January 11, 2012 7:20 PM
    By Erin G. Edwards

“It’s always been a mystery: What is inside?” Eliza Ho wondered about a dilapidated theater located in Old North Columbus. “How about we just make up something?”

In “Good Design in Hard Times,” Ho and her husband, Tim Lai, have reimagined the former Hudson Theater, and the designer-architect couple presents four other neighborhood improvement concepts that are mindful of both design and today’s economy. The collection of plans and photographs is the inaugural exhibition of ALTernative, the duo’s nonprofit organization that strives to “promote purposeful design that benefits Clintonville and other Columbus neighborhoods.”

READ MORE: http://www.columbusalive.com/content/stories/2012/01/12/winter-exhibits-at-osu-urban-arts-space.html

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Bump! Opening reception is today!

Saturday | January 28 | 6pm – 8pm

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Stopped by for a few minutes last night for the reception and had a great time. This is a very cool show that any urban enthusiast should check out before it ends on February 4th. Lots of interesting visuals that revolve around urban placemaking.

Plus, it was great to see so many people out and about in the area around Riversouth & Columbus Commons on a random Saturday night in January. I think there were events going on at both The Palace and The Ohio Theatres, and OSU UAS was packed, which meant a lot of people out walking around on the sidewalks and parking was tough! I had to circle a few different streets to find an open meter. Great stuff! ;)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Art Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: