Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Gerson Therapy - anyone ever done it?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Gerson Therapy – anyone ever done it?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

foxforcefive
    Participant

I just watched a documentary on Max Gerson, and am interested to see if anyone on here has used his methods for eating healthier to cure disease, or to stay disease free? It seems like mainly juicing, vegetarian, and body cleansing. The therapy suggests drinking 13 – 8oz glasses of freshly squeezed carrot/apple/green veggie juice a day, as well as 3 vegetarian meals per day.

The website is http://www.gerson.org/ , and the website for the movie is http://www.thebeautifultruthmovie.com/

I’ve been thinking for awhile now that I need to make a big change in my diet, but Dirty Franks keeps calling my name…

Thx,

Blake

Cookie

The Gerson Therapy is a safe, natural treatment developed by Dr. Max Gerson in the 1920’s that uses organic foods, juicing, coffee enemas, detoxification and natural supplements to activate the body’s ability to heal itself. Over the past 60 years, thousands of people have used the Gerson Therapy to recover from so-called “incurable” diseases such as cancer, diabetes, heart disease and arthritis.

Uh … no.

groundrules
    Participant

why anyone would need a coffee enema after drinking nearly a gallon of arrot/apple/green veggie juice a day i’ll never know.

DavidF
    Participant

Sounds suspiciously like faith healing.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

That sounds like it might be nice for a few days at the most, a nice break for the body, I wouldn’t do it for longer than that or it sounds dangerous.

foxforcefive
    Participant

The diet seems really drastic…almost to the point of never leaving your house.

Google has the book online as well…

http://books.google.com/books?id=4gOB2v8EnKcC&lpg=PP1&dq=gerson%20therapy&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Manatee wrote >>
    That sounds like it might be nice for a few days at the most, a nice break for the body, I wouldn’t do it for longer than that or it sounds dangerous.

Vegetarianism and detoxification is not dangerous, and neither is drinking juice. I don’t know about the coffee enemas – that just sounds weird. I’ve heard about the movie but haven’t seen it yet. Although, I recently read an interesting book called ‘Disease Proof your Child – Feeding Kids Right’ by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, M.D. He basically recommends the same type of thing, minus the enemas – lots of organic fruits, veggi’s, whole grains and MINIMAL amounts of animal fat. It’s not that suprsing that a truly healthy diet could prevent or even cure disease. Contrary to popular belief – meat, although tasty, is VERY bad for humans in the quantity that we consume, as are the hundreds of chemical toxins sprayed on non-organic fruits and vegetables.

My gradnfather has been doing this pretty much to fight cancer. He is still alive. Not sure his actual status, as i dont ask about that shit when i talk to him, i know he doesnt do that traditional medicine at all.

I did the maste cleanse this time last year, and it was great.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

spookygoddess78 wrote >>

Manatee wrote >>

Vegetarianism and detoxification is not dangerous, and neither is drinking juice. I don’t know about the coffee enemas – that just sounds weird. I’ve heard about the movie but haven’t seen it yet. Although, I recently read an interesting book called ‘Disease Proof your Child – Feeding Kids Right’ by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, M.D. He basically recommends the same type of thing, minus the enemas – lots of organic fruits, veggi’s, whole grains and MINIMAL amounts of animal fat. It’s not that suprsing that a truly healthy diet could prevent or even cure disease. Contrary to popular belief – meat, although tasty, is VERY bad for humans in the quantity that we consume, as are the hundreds of chemical toxins sprayed on non-organic fruits and vegetables.

I respect your opinion but absolutely disagree with you. This coming from a past vegetarian of almost 15 years.

It’s not really vegetarianism I have issue with, though, because I think for certain people it can be done well.

But ask Dr. Fuhrman what, for instance, prisoners of war eat after being released. Hint: it’s not juice.

Cleansing diets, such as those that consist of just juice, are not for permanent use. I think anyone can see that that would be pretty extreme and, unless someone is living a fairly monastic/sedentary lifestyle, dangerous.

I’ve enjoyed the master cleanse myself once or twice.

TaraK
    Participant

Not to derail, but I’d like to know more about folks’ experiences with these cleanses. I’ve had friends who praised them, but I’ve also heard of some horrible side effects.

Look. To give you an idea on the type of person I am, I ate 8 pieces of fried chicken, 1 belgian waffle, a thing of mashed potatos and gravy, a thing of macaroni and cheese, and 3 pints of beer on sunday. I did the master cleanse and had no side effects, and felt great.

groundrules
    Participant

north4thlikeme wrote >>
    Look. To give you an idea on the type of person I am, I ate 8 pieces of fried chicken, 1 belgian waffle, a thing of mashed potatos and gravy, a thing of macaroni and cheese, and 3 pints of beer on sunday. I did the master cleanse and had no side effects, and felt great.

damn dude! sounds like you needed a master cleanse. lol.

rus
    rus
    Participant

groundrules wrote >>

north4thlikeme wrote >>

damn dude! sounds like you needed a master cleanse. lol.

Power wash, maybe?

My personal philosophy is that if a diet/cleanse/etc. requires lengthy explanation, then it probably isn’t all too legitimate. Just avoid highly processed, industrialized, chemical crap and you will be fine. Promise.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: