Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

German Village Bars

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A German Village Bars

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author

blammo
    Participant

“Assclown” is a bi-partisan nomenclature.

Motorist
    Participant

It’s technically not in GV, but I’ve always been a fan of The Round Bar. Best people watching in Columbus.

honavery

Motorist wrote >>
    It’s technically not in GV, but I’ve always been a fan of The Round Bar. Best people watching in Columbus.

They make some pretty stiff drinks at the round bar.

I go to Mojoe recently, because of the fruity girly drinks that I like. And it seems like there is no one ever there.

joev
    Participant

Motorist wrote >>

And it smells like chlorine!

somertimeoh
    Participant

I’ve yet to have a good time in 185. I try, but the whole time I’m there I’m thinking about how to make the fastest escape to a place where I can get a drink in a reasonable amount of time. 185 is the Park street of GV.

I need to go to Hey Hey. Someone take me there, dammit!! I second all the other non-185 choices. Really love Gresso’s. Damn, now I want a gyro and sauerkraut balls.

HeySquare
    Participant

For just chilling out, MoJoe is my go-to place. There’s usually a table open, and the staff are great. Drinks are pricy, but sometimes its worth it not to have stupid people bumping into you all night.

Totally agree on the 185 comments… it’s great on weeknights, but when it’s crowded it sucks.

I like Easy Street, Jimmy V’s is OK too.

KSquared

somertimeoh wrote >>

I need to go to Hey Hey. Someone take me there, dammit!! .

Yes. As soon as it’s not negative degrees out.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Ooooh, now I want an Easy Street gyro quesadilla! Huh, I think I need to move to GV. I haven’t been this excited in a long time :(

turbo ninja
    Participant

enzo wrote >>
    I do like High Beck sometimes, but 185 owns all GV bars–ample easy parking, fantastic service, and just pure love for the place.

Ample parking? Are you allowed to park in that church lot across the street?

blammo
    Participant

turbo ninja wrote >>

enzo wrote >>
    I do like High Beck sometimes, but 185 owns all GV bars–ample easy parking, fantastic service, and just pure love for the place.

Ample parking? Are you allowed to park in that church lot across the street?

Yes, or at least I’ve never had any problems with parking there. That does give it a big advantage over other GV bars…although Gresso’s & Plank’s both have lots as well.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote >>
    I need to go to Hey Hey. Someone take me there, dammit!! … Damn, now I want a gyro and sauerkraut balls.

Have the Jimster take you to HeyHey, but do not let him eat saurkraut balls unless you want to carry him out.

One time I was in Club 185 and it was full of d-bags, and my friend said “I bet everyone in here is farting right now.” I love that. Just think of that the next time you are in a bar full of tools.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I have never had a good time at 185 and I can’t decide why. I can’t even go there now without having an adverse physical reaction. I get queasy and feel like passing out. And +1000 to generally doooshy vibe.
    I give another thumbs up to Hey Hey and love the round bar more than oxygen.
    Drinking whiskey at the Round Bar until I forget my name then heading to Tee Jayes for gravy covered crap is a good night for me.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

OOOh, yes, I forgot to +1 the strong drinks at Round Bar. Holy crap they are strong. There’s usually a pretty interesting crowd of whatnots and bin ends there as well. Assorted nuts.

And usually there’s some crusty old dudes there that buy rounds for everyone, which only makes the situation worse :D

blammo
    Participant

The round bar is great…it’s hard to be anti-social when you’re all sitting in a circle, looking at each other. And Bethany the bartendress is hilarious. The only thing I don’t like about the place is the walk to the restroom.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Just Cory Hart it to the restroom. Pop that collar, too– in the Round Bar, a popped collar means you just haven’t left your house since 1987.

If you do that, you can’t feel the eyes of the cops and hotel staff burning holes in your drunk ass as you walk by.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: