Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

German Village Bars

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A German Village Bars

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author

ches08
    Participant

Hey a couple of my minds are FINALLY coming to my neck of the woods instead of going downtown.

anyone know a car in German Village with good drink specials? or just not badly priced

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

ches08 wrote >>
    Hey a couple of my minds are FINALLY coming to my neck of the woods instead of going downtown.
    anyone know a car in German Village with good drink specials? or just not badly priced

Pretty much all of them, just depends on what you’re looking for. 185, Beck’s, High Beck, Easy Street, Gresso’s…all have fairly cheap drinks, all run happy hour specials.

enzo
    Participant

185 is the best bar ever, period.

joev
    Participant

I’m assuming you meant bar. Plank’s is dirt cheap, but kinda chilly in this weather. Gresso’s usually has good deals. MoJoe Lounge isn’t too bad either, and has a nice variety of beer and fancier mixed drinks. Easy Street is pretty reasonable as well.

blammo
    Participant

In addition to the bars named, the Hey Hey is surprisingly pretty fun (and really cheap)!

Hmm…actually, I’ve never really had a bad experience in any GV bar, except for the Sycamore Cafe (which I suspect is either a private club or a front for something else)

Roland
    Participant

enzo wrote >>
    185 is the best bar ever, period.

When I went at 185 it was full of douchebags!

I’d recommend the bar at Lindey’s. The bartender, Tony, is one the best around and makes fantastic drinks. Not the cheapest, but you’ll have a good time and it has a great neighborhood vibe.

KSquared

blammo wrote >>
    In addition to the bars named, the Hey Hey is surprisingly pretty fun (and really cheap)!
    Hmm…actually, I’ve never really had a bad experience in any GV bar, except for the Sycamore Cafe (which I suspect is either a private club or a front for something else)

I love the Hey Hey.

enzo
    Participant

I do like High Beck sometimes, but 185 owns all GV bars–ample easy parking, fantastic service, and just pure love for the place.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I’ve always loved Hey Hey, but for my own reasons I don’t want to refer people there. Loose lips sink ships and all that.

185 is a great happy hour place, past 10 on weekends it’s awful.

Roland
    Participant

blammo wrote >>

+1 For the Hey Hey.

blammo
    Participant

Coremodels wrote >>
    185 is a great happy hour place, past 10 on weekends it’s awful.

It’s a great bar in and of itself. The clientele can be a little unpleasant though…as mentioned, best experienced if you and some friends can commandeer a booth at an off-time. Standing at the bar fighting for a beer at peak hours is pretty horrible though. dooooshy

joev
    Participant

Barcelona is nice for wine. If you’re celebrating through the long weekend, they have 1/2 price tapas on Mondays. Sunday nights have wine at retail price.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

The first couple years after the Corbins bought and renovated it, the place was awesome. Mostly GV residents or downtown workers, etc. Suddenly, a few years ago, it was like someone put out a memo and it was overrun with assclowns on weekend nights.

joev
    Participant

assclowns=democratic party 20-somethings?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

more like A&F 20-somethings, apparently A&F started housing a ton of employees in GV like 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: