Job Openings in Columbus, Ohio
- May 10, 2010 6:27 pm at 6:27 pm #354542
An HR Generalist position just opened with my school. It’s a great group of people in that department! PM me with questions. http://www.ecotohio.org/home.php?section=careers&page=human-resource-generalistMay 10, 2010 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm #354543
We have a member “relationship executive” (Marketing rep) opening where I work- a Corporate Credit Union here in Columbus. PM me or email for more info.May 13, 2010 2:45 pm at 2:45 pm #354544
put here for reference:
JonMyers wrote >>
I was doing some reconnaissance work this morning and noticed that Groupon competitor Living Social is coming to Columbus, which is a good thing and they’re hiring.
It looks like they’re also throwing a $1000 hiring bonus in the mix.
About Living Social: http://www.crunchbase.com/company/livingsocial
They’ve raised $49 million so they’ll probably be around for a few minutes.
Anyhow, I couldn’t find the jobs thread so I thought I’d create a new one.
The original page I saw (click to enlarge):
http://livingsocial.com/cities/19-columbus/jobs?pid=4565450&ref=AUTO_COLU_Deals_1273598585_uniq_bt1_b100_oci123_gM_a21-99&skippable=trueMay 14, 2010 2:26 pm at 2:26 pm #354545
From: Kim Emch <[email protected]>
Date: May 13, 2010 11:00:13 AM EDT
Subject: One year position opening with SON Ministries
Celebrate with us!
Serving Our Neighbors (SON) Ministries receives funds for a one year employee.
We applied for grant for an Americorps VISTA through the Ohio Association of Second Harvest Food Banks which would provide SON Ministries with funds for a one year, full time employeeÃ¢â‚¬Â¦and we got the grant! SON Ministries will pay $1000 for this person and the grant will cover the rest of theirstipend and educational award.
We are interviewing NOW to hire someone who would begin in late July and work for us for one year.
This will be a wonderful opportunity for someone to work with us and the programs we have developed to bring hope to children and families in need in Hilliard.
They will work and learn about every aspect of running a non-profit and will primarily work to build our capacity and help move us to the next level. If you or someone you know would be interested in this position, see our position description and apply online at: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=36432
Serving Our Neighbors (SON) Ministries
UALC Hilliard Missions
451-3736 ext. 7063May 14, 2010 2:57 pm at 2:57 pm #354546
Amerisourcebergen Drug Corp
Job Title: Technical Support Representative I
Requisition Number: HRReq005301
Job Category: TC – Technical
Department: Information Technology
Location: North Regional Office – Lockbourne, Ohio
Position Description Summary:
Under close supervision of the Customer Systems Supervisor or other supervisory/management level associate in the facility, responsible for providing general support to customers that use internally developed ordering software and products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides support for hardware, software, telecommunications problems and standard customer service related issues that arise from the customer’s use of these programs
2. Communicates directly with customers either in written form or in person.
3. Installs hardware and software at customer sites; diagnoses and repairs computer related problems.
4. Provides software training to end users and sales representatives.
5. Identifies hardware and software problems and recommends the best possible solution for resolving the problem.
6. Assists users with questions and problems and works on simple applications.
7. Conducts research on new technology as requested in order to stay abreast of any new releases and features of business operating systems and software utilized by the organization.
8. Maintains an adequate spare parts inventory of systems, subsystems, and component parts used in repair work.
9. Prepares progress reports for all work performed in tracking software.
10. Performs related duties as assigned.
11. Responsible for conforming to and supporting Technology Services Department policies, procedures and standards.
Minimum Experience and Education Requirements:
Requires some training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor’s Degree program, technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires one (1) to two (2) years directly related and progressively responsible experience; experience in a customer service environment and supporting PCs in a LAN environment a plus.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements:
1. Knowledge of operating systems related to personal computer systems and peripherals, modems, COM ports and port addressing
2. Knowledge of MS Internet Explorer
3. Strong computer skills in order to operate effectively with company systems and programs
4. Working knowledge of Call Tracking; MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and Access); AS/400 Query or Showcase, Visual Basic- this is a plus to have but not a minimum requirement
5. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
6. Good interpersonal skills
7. Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines
8. Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
9. Strong customer service skills
Associate Referral Bonus: 200
Relocation Incentive: Does not Apply
How to Apply: Qualified candidates, please forward a completed Career Opportunity/Internal application or resume to Lori Goldsberry via email at [email protected] no later than May 25, 2010.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/VMay 14, 2010 6:41 pm at 6:41 pm #354547
Just heard about this one today (CRC = Clintonville Resource Center)
Want to Give Back To Your Community??
Come Work At CRC as an AmeriCorps VISTA member!
CRC has been selected as a Host Site for the SHARECorps AmeriCorps*VISTA program! We were awarded one of the 34 VISTA slots available out of 125 requests in partnership with The Ohio Association of Second Harvest Foodbanks. This position is a one year term beginning July 30, 2010 for 40 hours a week. All members must be recruited and have paperwork completed no later than June 11, 2010. We are recruiting immediately for this position. Must be 18 years old or older.
1. Implement and oversee CRCÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s new Lend-A-Bike Project
2. Build capacity for Senior Breakfast Club volunteers
3. Assist with overall volunteer coordination
4. Build capacity for CRC as an Ohio Benefit Bank site
5. Available for some evening and weekend events
6. Provide education to the community on a variety of Settlement House programs and projects
7. Build capacity of existing Choice Pantry Advisory Council
8. Build capacity of CRC Community Garden projects
VISTA members do not receive an hourly salary, but instead receive a stipend of $893 per month. The approximately yearly amount is $10,716. Sick and vacation time are also included as well as health care benefits. Upon completion of your one year term you have a choice between a $5,350 education award, or a $1,500 cash stipend.
We are recruiting immediately for this position. Send your resume to Angela Kypriotis at [email protected] or fax to 268-5028. For questions related to this position call 268-3539.May 14, 2010 6:44 pm at 6:44 pm #354548
I also saw this one searching the State of Ohio website, which looked kind of interesting. To get the full page (w/ benefits and other information go to the main job search and look for jobs at the Legislative Services Commission)
Job Title: Legislative Service Commission – Telecommunications Internship
Agency: Legislative Service Commission
Opening Date: Wed. 02/17/10
Closing Date/Time: Mon. 05/31/10 12:00 AM Eastern Time
State Salary Range: See Position Description
Job Type: Full-Time, Temporary, Exempt
Location: Franklin County, Ohio
Pay Range $25,400 – $27,400
Hours of Work 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Job Location Columbus
Two interns will be hired as full time, paid employees to work as production assistants to the Studio Director of the Ohio Government Telecommunications media center. Responsibilities include producing, directing, editing, camera operation, and other various aspects of television production. In addition to providing the State House Studio Director with staff assistance, the program offers outstanding college graduates a unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology such as digital cameras and non-linear editing equipment, as well as learn a great deal about the legislative and political processes.
Applicants must complete at least a bachelor’s degree program by December 2010. Applicants must have a telecommunications background in Mass Media Communication, Journalism (Broadcast or Video & Film), Communications/Communications Arts (Electronic Media, Journalism, Radio/TV, Broadcasting), Telecommunications, or Radio/Television or relevant experience in the field. Applicants must have some experience in videography, editing, directing, audio and lighting and/or on-camera experience. Applicants should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a strong academic record.
THIS POSITION DOES NOT REQUIRE A CIVIL SERVICE APPLICATION.
A formal application and instructions can be found on our website:
Employment will begin the first week of December 2010 and will continue through December 31, 2011.May 17, 2010 4:14 pm at 4:14 pm #354549
Cafe Corner is looking for a full-time cook. Call them (614-294-CAFE) and ask for Kathleen or Chet.May 17, 2010 6:02 pm at 6:02 pm #354550
my wife is looking for a part time job so I love this thread. Keep um coming.May 17, 2010 8:30 pm at 8:30 pm #354551
We have a position we’re looking to fill in June or July. PM me for more info or an e-mail address to send a resume. General description below. I’m a little biased but I think it’s a most awesome place to work:
Office & Marketing Assistant
Class Acts Entertainment is a local talent agency looking to fill the position of office and marketing assistant. Day to day duties will involve some basic clerical and general office support work but a large part of the job will emphasize marketing. As an entertainment firm we put heavy emphasis on audio, video and print material along with our website. Much of this is designed and updated in house. Candidates need to possess a modern design aesthetic when it comes to all forms of presentation as well as an interest in utilizing current technology to advance marketing goals. Candidate must be creative, self driven and have a strong work ethic.
A deep appreciation of music and live entertainment is also a must.
Skill set required includes:
– Solid interpersonal skills both in person and on the phone.
– Intermediate to advanced skills editing video & audio (Sony Vegas) with a working knowledge of best practices when it comes to rendering for various end uses (DVD, web, flash).
– Basic to intermediate web design skills (Expression Web 2). Familiarity with java based menus a plus.
– Intermediate photo editing (Photoshop).
– Page layout and design experience (Adobe InDesign)
– Solid verbal and written communication skills.
Initial schedule to include 25-30 hours per week with possible development to full time. Downtown office, free parking.May 20, 2010 11:12 am at 11:12 am #354552
OK, I’m an idiot: I grabbed the wrong job description and posted it here. I will post the real job once it’s released.
In short, our company is hiring for a Design Production Assistant. Right now it’s only posted internally, but if you are interested, please PM me and I can give you more info. Again, sorry for the confusion!May 20, 2010 4:41 pm at 4:41 pm #354553
Saw these posted up:
looks like an interesting place to work.May 26, 2010 8:57 pm at 8:57 pm #354554June 2, 2010 2:33 am at 2:33 am #354555
I heard rumors that CU was hiring…June 2, 2010 4:30 am at 4:30 am #354556
The forum ‘Classifieds’ is closed to new topics and replies.