Job Openings in Columbus, Ohio
- January 11, 2013 4:00 pm at 4:00 pm #354872
Curator at OSU: https://www.jobsatosu.com/postings/45953
The Arts Initiative of The Ohio State University invites applications for the position of Curator, responsible for organizing/curating exhibitions for gallery spaces on campus as well as OSU’s Urban Arts Space in downtown Columbus. Programming consists of exhibitions of works by University faculty, students and alumni, as well as nationally and internationally recognized contemporary artists. This individual will manage a team of staff preparators, student employees, and interns in organizing and mounting exhibitions as well as maintaining facilities; will work with external curators, funding agencies, donors, collectors, and community and national organizations and this position will also work closely with personnel in the Department of Art to organize faculty and student exhibitions. It is also hoped that the person who fills this position will participate in the establishment of an MA program in the curatorial practices of contemporary art and teach select courses in the Department of History of Art and/or Department of Art.January 15, 2013 2:02 am at 2:02 am #354873
Manager, Internal Communications
The enterprise manager of internal communications develops messages, produces tools, counsels partners and acts as campaign manager for a variety of enterprise initiatives, all with the goal of meaningfully connecting associates to the story of our $10 billion enterprise.
The manager will interact with all parts of the enterprise, but will focus on supporting enterprise announcements and campaigns, priority Center functions and building engagement activities.
Working closely with the AVP and VP of enterprise communications and with partners in each client group, the manager:
– Develops strategic communications plans and messages, and leads execution of tactics to support enterprise strategies and change initiatives.
– Builds rapport with partners and deep familiarity with partner objectives.
– Anticipates partner needs with initiative, industry and curiosity.
– Learns and uses as a touchstone the enterprise values, culture, internal brand and business goals.
– Is an example to others of getting better, giving back and looking forward.
– Writes and edits with purpose, clarity, brevity and perspective.
– Creates and implements associate engagement activities for associates in DC 3 (our main home office building) that connect them to our brands and business and reinforce the employment brand.
– Distributes enterprise and Center-related messages through appropriate communications vehicles across all distribution channels, including intranet, video, speeches and more.
– Creates and implements systems of communication measurement and integrates results into future communications.
– Supports content development for company intranet and e-newsletter
– Assists in the management of quarterly associate meetings.
– 5-7 years of communications experience, agency experience a plus
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Demonstrates initiative and industry in all work
– Comfort level and proven ability to be a communications consultant to leadership regarding the development of clear messages and appropriate channels of delivery
– Experience in crisis and issue management
– Experience using a variety of internal media and research tools
– Excellent team orientation and partnering skills across functions and enterprise
– Ability to build relationships with client/customers at varying levels
– Ability to motivate independently while participating in a direct and matrixed reporting relationship
Limited Brands, through its high-emotion brands Victoria’s Secret, Bath and Body Works, Pink, La Senza and Henri Bendel, is an international specialty retailer delivering lingerie, personal care and beauty products, apparel and accessories to customers worldwide. Our brands are available in more than 2,600 retail stores in the United States, more than 680 international locations, and through our award-winning internet and catalogue channels. Limited Brands, which recorded sales of $10.4 billion in 2011 and employs more than 90,000 associates, was Fortune’s 2011 World’s Most Admired specialty retailer.January 15, 2013 5:47 pm at 5:47 pm #354874
Want to be a Fine Citizen?
That’s great! We’re currently looking for a Senior Interactive Design and a Senior Interactive Project Manager. Keep scrolling down to see the details.
Senior Interact Project Manager
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry: Interactive Marketing
Manages Others: Yes
Job Type: Full-Time
Education: 4 Year Degree
Experience: Up to 7 year(s)
Pay: Dependent on Experience
“We’re an interactive marketing agency who eats, breathes and dreams pixels and <div>’s. We’re big-thinkers; do-gooders; experts in bringing ideas and brands to life.”January 16, 2013 3:47 pm at 3:47 pm #354875
My school is looking for, among other things, a School Options Enrollment System(SOES) Coordinator. Job description may be found at http://www.ecotohio.org/Jobs/SOESCoordinator if you need more details. There should be some customer service openings coming soon once it clears internal applications, so check http://www.ecotohio.org/Jobs/JobOpenings in a couple of weeks.January 25, 2013 6:39 pm at 6:39 pm #354876
Pattycake Bakery Hiring for full time position. Apply at this link:
http://www.pattycakebakery.com/application.htmlFebruary 4, 2013 8:01 pm at 8:01 pm #354877
Columbus Bike Share
Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, and community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility.
Alta Bicycle Share, contractor to the City of Columbus and operator of the City of Columbus Bike Share program, is seeking a
General Manager to oversee all aspects of ongoing operations. Core program functions include: program marketing &
corporate sales; bicycle & station operations; shipping/receiving and inventory control; client and customer service; and budget
Reporting to the Operations Director, the General Manager is accountable for overall success of the Program as measured by
program P & L, performance in core program functions, and client and customer satisfaction. Primary responsibilities include
sales & marketing strategy development and implementation; staff recruitment, training oversight, leadership and coaching;
client and customer service; and contract negotiation and compliance. Ideal candidates will be diplomatic delegators with a
track record of safety and success managing multifaceted operations with a diverse and committed workforce.
Manage all aspects of Bike Share program in areas of marketing, customer service, administration, and oversee all aspects of
ongoing operations with a focus on ways to strengthen connections between the Bike hare Program and the Columbus
• Hire, train, schedule, and manage a diverse workforce to necessarily and continually accomplish core program
functions. Delegate tasks as needed.
• Coordinate and maintain strong ongoing relationships among multiple constituents. This includes representatives
from community-based organizations, the public sector, universities, and industry.
• Ability to work in a team culture that embraces a mission-driven, team-oriented, environmentally sustainable
• Ability to work effectively with subcontractors, community members, media, colleagues, managers and City of
Columbus agency representatives.
• Sell corporate memberships to The Bike Share Program to businesses and universities:
o Develop and implement corporate membership sales plan.
o Deliver value to corporate members through customer service and program development linked to health
o Initiate active engagement opportunities.
• Plan effective health education programs and activities.
• Ongoing messaging on social media outlets.
• Coordinate with Marketing Specialist and Sponsorship Contractor to manage sales and marketing efforts.
• Write and distribute press releases that promote our sponsors and corporate members in coordination with the City
• Support Marketing Specialist at community marketing and social media events.
• Support Operations Manager to accomplish operational functions including bike and station deployment,
maintenance, repair, cleaning, and bicycle redistribution.
Columbus Bike Share
• Assist with ground level responsibilities during peak operation times.
• Manage multiple subcontracts.
• Lead collaboration with clients and sponsors.
• Continuous operation with adherence to policies, contracts, and budgets.
• Implement, improve, and share operational best practices.
• Ensure strict adherence to safety policies and procedures.
• Forecast revenues and expenses, and manage a budget.
• Ensure reports, invoices and purchase orders are complete delivered on time to project officers and managers.
• Maintain strong client and vendor relations.
• Ensure overall success of Alta Bicycle Share in the Columbus area.
• Communication Skills: Collaborate and communicate effectively; requires listening, strategic context, win-win
negotiating, situational leadership; great written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Leadership Skills: Inspire and motivate employees to successfully achieve operational goals; provide a stable, positive
environment that challenges and develops employee potential; remove obstacles that interfere with team goals; earns
respect of team and clients alike.
• Interpersonal Skills: Maintain confidentiality; remain open to others’ ideas; demonstrate willingness to try new things.
• Resource Management: Find creative ways to accomplish goals in the face of resource constraints; develop and manage
realistic operating budgets that accomplish program objectives.
• Continuous Improvement: Proficient in company best practices in each function; looks for ways to improve efficiency
and performance; analyzes data to make fact based decisions; incorporates feedback from various stakeholders to
• Emotional Intelligence: Self-aware, easily establishes trust and integrity with clients and staff.
• Adaptability: Enthusiastically adapt to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands; maintain team
focus and optimism when dealing with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability: Follow instructions; respond to management direction and client requests; communicate frequently;
solicit feedback to improve performance.
• College degree in business administration, marketing, transportation or related field required. Advanced degree a plus.
7+ years of demonstrated success in the areas of general management, sales/marketing, general operations and finance
in a fast growth environment.
• Prior P & L responsibility
• Ability to identify priorities and focus on critical tasks
• Must have demonstrated leaderships experience and history of hiring and developing key employees
• Experience working with government, businesses, and non-profits.
• Strong analytical, organizational, communication and problem solving skills.
Columbus Bike Share
• Valid driver’s license.
• Passion for bikes, efficiency, or sustainability a plus.
• Sense of humor required.
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Alta Bicycle Share’s Mission.
Alta Bicycle Share is proud to be an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Please, no phone calls
Same thing as a pdf.February 5, 2013 5:55 pm at 5:55 pm #354878
Godman Guild is hiring a Custodian:
It’s 20 hours/week plus snow removal duties. More info here: http://www.godmanguild.org/blog/2013/01/08/maintenance-custodian/%5B/url%5DFebruary 5, 2013 6:21 pm at 6:21 pm #354879
Godman Guild is hiring a Custodian:
It’s 20 hours/week plus snow removal duties. More info here: http://www.godmanguild.org/blog/2013/01/08/maintenance-custodian/%5B/url%5D
That is a pretty big job description for only 20 hours a week.February 5, 2013 7:38 pm at 7:38 pm #354880
Lots of open positions at 2Checkout – Brand new office in Grandview
In need of:
Inside sales rep
Underwriting specialistFebruary 5, 2013 8:50 pm at 8:50 pm #354881
We several positions open here at Lifestyle Communities… anything from cooks to property management, maintenance technicians to project managers! Apply today and check out the video to see how we live The Good Life at LC!
Let me know if you have any questions!February 5, 2013 9:30 pm at 9:30 pm #354882
We have a few positions open at our office in Grandview. We are Plug Smart, an Energy Services company that helps not-for-profits, large commercial and industrial clients reduce their energy spend.
Also hiring and outside sales position for central Ohio, information about that opening is below:
Base Pay : $50,000 – $75,000 /Year
Employee Type : Full-Time
Industry : Energy – Utilities – Gas – Electric
Manages Others : No
Job Type : Business Development
Education : 4 Year Degree
Experience : At least 5 year(s)
Relocation Covered : No
Progressive and fast-paced Energy Services Company is looking for a highly motivated Energy Services salesperson to join our team and work in one of the fastest growing segments in today’s economy. Are you looking for a recession-proof career that has a huge upside and long-term staying power? If so, look no further.
Over the last 24 months, the Energy Sector has exploded as energy prices continue to soar and more businesses (commercial, industrial, schools, hospitals, retail, etc.) have come to realize the importance of investing in projects that will reduce their energy consumption and become more energy efficient.
This shift in behavior has created a lot of opportunity for our business and we are currently looking to add to our Ohio-based Energy Services team. Here is a snapshot of our recent success:
Plug Smart recently helped a large University identify over $20M worth of energy conservation measures, providing a minimum of $3.5M worth of annual savings each year.
Plug Smart recently helped a large school district reduce their energy costs $225,000 per year by retrofitting their schools with energy efficient lighting, HVAC, building automation, and control systems.
Plug Smart recently helped a large distribution center reduce their energy consumption 34% while at the same time significantly improving the lighting levels and conditions across the 800,000 square foot facility.
Here is how you can help.
To help fuel our company’s growth, we need someone that can systematically canvass the “Energy Services” landscape for us and help us identify new business opportunities in 4 important areas:
Energy Projects – Help our clients identify and implement cost effective Energy Efficiency projects.
Project Incentives – Help our clients recoup investments on past, current, and future Energy Efficiency projects.
On-Site Generation – Help our clients design, own, and operate on-site generation systems.
Energy Efficiency Consulting – Help our clients solve complex energy efficiency problems.
Please note that this position is a “consultative” sales position. The successful candidate will be required to develop their own list of highly qualified leads, meet face to face with energy management decision makers, and of course, help the company close Energy Service deals.
The successful candidate will be expected to make 8-10 new face-to-face meetings or calls per week and close a minimum of four energy services agreements each month.
Responsible for helping drive Energy Services sales to a variety of different companies including commercial & industrial businesses, schools, hospitals, and other large energy users.
Effectively communicate the Plug Smart Energy Services value proposition to all stakeholder groups found within Sales Specialist’s account base.
Quickly recognize, qualify, and screen leads based on technical, financial, operational, and sales criteria.
Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, networking, email marketing, social media, and internal lead database.
Log and track all leads, contacts, Energy Services Agreements, and other important data and documents using an in-house customer relationship management system.
Provide timely and accurate weekly reports highlighting number of calls, appointments, and other important sales metrics.
Strong ability to communicate Plug Smart value proposition clearly and professionally via phone, email, and face-to-face meetings with key decision makers.
Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize new business development opportunities in order to maximize sales productivity.
Digitally savvy with strong proficiency in MS Office programs and using the internet as a research and sales tool.
Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize market opportunities in order to optimize daily sales productivity.
Mature, aggressive, driven, and a “get it done attitude” with the ability to work with a sense of urgency and with minimal supervision in a very high paced environment.
Embraces challenges and sees a lack of structure and process in a new company as an opportunity to grow professionally and make a big difference in the company.
Passionate about routinely exceeding goals and will accept personal accountability for achieving desirable sales results.
High degree of creditability, expertise, and confidence when communicating with customers.
The perfect candidate is one that is looking for a once in a lifetime opportunity to work with a growing team and beat sales goals.
Minimum of four year college degree preferably in an area that will help the candidate accelerate the learning curve for this position (engineering, architecture, environmental sciences, etc.)
Certified Energy Manager (CEM) is preferred, but not required.
Experience working in the areas of Energy Supply, Energy Efficiency, and Renewables is a bonus.
Minimum of 4 years “consultative” selling experience is required.February 11, 2013 3:36 pm at 3:36 pm #354883
Social Media intern at Nationwide Children’s Hospital Paid position. $12hr
Interactive Marketing Intern – Social Media (FULL-TIME PAID) – 36 Week Program (9 month) beginning in March, 2013.
This internship position will support the Social Media Manager for the hospital and will receive hands-on training and “real-world” healthcare social media marketing.
Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
· Help to maintain Nationwide Children’s presence on social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest) by sparking conversations and engaging online visitors into deeper involvement
· Learn social media monitoring tool to manage social networks
· Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks
· Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Google +, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more
· Research health topics and news content for new hospital blog
· Solid understanding of all sections related to the anatomy of a blog and WordPress
· Assist in editing and posting blog posts
· Aid in producing articles, photos, and multimedia digital content for social media channels
· Coordinate data for reporting needs
· Assist in creating content calendars
· Research, write/edit
· Research and build a database of relevant blogs and influencers.
· Perform administrative and other duties as needed.
Qualified individuals will have at least one year experience (other internships will be considered in that experience) and a degree in marketing, web communications, public relations, or a related field. Industry knowledge of social media is required. Writing and communication skills are required and individual must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Docs and social media channels. Also required are strong organizational/time management skills.February 13, 2013 7:22 pm at 7:22 pm #354884
My company is contracting the following position; if interested, use email contact below or feel free to PM me.
Web Developer, Contract
Responsible for development and testing of innovative web-based educational products for students and teachers.
Responsibilities include code development and project planning to support UX/UI designs. Programming skills and design
implementation are key elements of this position. Works closely with internal teams to develop project specifications and
make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies.
· Creation of site layout/user interface from provided design concepts using standard HTML/CSS practices. Support a
consistent design aesthetic throughout the digital experience.
· Assists with gathering requirements and writing detailed product specifications describing how applications must be
implemented. Includes scheduling of deliverables to meet overall project schedule requirements.
· Develop and foster partnerships with cross-functional teams and vendors to ensure product quality, budget and
schedule requirements are achieved. Assists designers with CSS, style, and layout issues.
· Develops simultaneous projects as assigned from conception through final release to ensure that all project
requirements are achieved. Remains well organized, prioritizing workload to meet multiple project deadlines as
assigned. Monitors schedule and budget, and reports status.
· Maintains well-rounded knowledge of new and emerging technologies and design trends, and continually improves
skills to match the latest in application usability and design. Openly shares knowledge and viewpoints with team.
· Manage project files within corporate standards for file naming, documentation, and archiving for efficient and reliable
· Assist in the development and execution of short- and long-term strategic technology plans.
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
3 a plus
· Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash
· Knowledge of CMS systems and web delivery applications such as Drupal, Joomla, or Moodle
· Experience in PHP and SQL a plus
· Experience with code management and version control systems such as SVN or git
· Creativity and innovation
· Mac/PC/mobile cross-platform knowledge
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
· Excellent project management skills
Submit Resumé to jobs [at] zaner-bloser.com
Zaner-Bloser is an EEO/ Affirmative Action Employer
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed in this position. They are not intended
to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.February 14, 2013 1:48 am at 1:48 am #354885
Columbus Parks and Rec Schiller is looking to hire some positions:
Schiller Center is looking to hire an art instructor, gymnastic instructor and ceramic instructor on a part time basis. The approximate starting date would be the middle of March. If you know of anyone who may be interested in filling one of these positions, please have them contact Terry Gee, Center Manager, at 645-3162 or [email protected].February 14, 2013 3:00 am at 3:00 am #354886
Hills Market Job Fair:
Thursday at 11:00am until Friday at 3:00pm
We’re looking for qualified associates to join our team as we prepare to open this spring. We are looking to fill positions within the following departments:
• Grocery (Stocking, Cashier, Customer Service)
• Prepared Foods (Chef’s Case, Kitchen, Catering)
• Delicatessen Customer Service
• Butcher Shop
• Wine & Beer
We will be on site to accept resumes and make initial interviews on Thursday, February 14th and Friday, February 15th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on each day.
The Hills Market Downtown
95 North Grant Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43215
The forum ‘Classifieds’ is closed to new topics and replies.