Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Gene Harris Retiring as Columbus City Schools Superintendent

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Gene Harris Retiring as Columbus City Schools Superintendent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

leftovers

I think hubris had a lot more to do with it…

AmyJ
    Participant

This news should make open house tonight a little more interesting at least.

I have to say that the two schools my son has attended — Winterset and Ridgeview — have been excellent.

News
    Participant

CCS Superintendent Dr. Gene Harris To Retire In July 2013
    Published: September 20, 2012

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Columbus City Schools Superintendent Dr. Gene Harris announces her retirement at the end of the 2012-2013 school year. Harris made the formal announcement at a news conference at the former Garfield Elementary School – which she attended as a child – and where her selection as CCS superintendent was announced in June of 2001.

READ MORE: http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2012/sep/20/13/ccs-superintendent-dr-gene-harris-retire-ar-1177838/

ToddAnders
    Blocked

Good reddens Ms Harris. I love how pubic “servants” retire before being fired or prosecuted. Take your scheming numbers to Wall Street and kma.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dr. Superintendent used to call my landline. I miss her already.
    I’m a parent of a sixth grader and kindergartener, satisfied with my lot at CCS. I wish that I had more time to spend on school related stuff. When the parent is helping the student or the school it makes all the difference.

pez
    Participant

ToddAnders said:
    Good reddens Ms Harris. I love how pubic “servants” retire before being fired or prosecuted. Take your scheming numbers to Wall Street and kma.

Agreed. CCS can do MUCH better. Unfortunately, the closed system from which school leadership is selected pretty much ensures that she won’t be replaced by someone better.

Bear
    Participant

MichaelC said:
    She must have upset someone in or allied with the John Wolfe empire…The Dispatch was on a mission to get rid of Harris, and it worked.

You know, I made a snarky offhand comment about Mr. Wolfe the other day, and an hour later I found that my car had been ticketed. I never made the connection until now.

groundrules
    Participant

ToddAnders said:

Before criticizing an educator, at least crank up that spell checker (unless that’s a public-schools-failed-me ploy). Second, have an understanding of the situation- she’ll be on the job for six months beyond the conclusion of any investigation. Lastly, what makes you think that she’d be subject to prosecution or that retirement would prevent prosecution?

ToddAnders
    Blocked

Yes, I meant pubic; you got the ploy.

“Retirement” is a way of protecting the pension she’ll receive. And yes, she may be subject to prosecution, but she’s got 6 months now to do a little CYA and let’s all agree she’s crafty at manipulating data as well as the system.

Bottom line, CCS deserves MUCH better. A little ethics wouldn’t hurt either.

Cookie

ToddAnders said:
    Yes, I meant pubic; you got the ploy.

Wait, you meant reddens?

labi
    Participant

Cookie said:
    Wait, you meant reddens?

ToddAnders plays a very, very deep game, Cookie.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: