Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

G.D. Ritzy's return to Columbus rumor

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining G.D. Ritzy’s return to Columbus rumor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author

Core_Models

DavidF
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>
    http://www.zantigo.com/free_chilito.php

That’s just wrong man.

Core_Models

DavidF
    Participant

Can we get back on topic? Please?

(grumble: I just woke up and this is how you start my day)

somebuckeye
    somebuckeye
    Participant

cc wrote >>

cbuster wrote >>
    yes! (and I think the one on 5th was actually where the Chipotle is now..)

yep, i think it then turned into a Rally’s.

It was also a Daddy-O’s

cc

Someone should write a coffee table book on the fast food history of 5xNW. I seem to recall that the drive thru Starbuck’s near Handy Bikes was also a Daddy-O’s. I had a friend who loved their corn dogs.

Daddy-O’s was Ritzy’s drive thru restaurant concept. I believe they eventually sold Daddy-O’s to Arby’s in the early 90’s. One of the reasons there is so much fast food in Columbus is that there are so many fast food executives floating around Dublin. Dave Thomas had a large entourage.

tolemac5050
    Participant

Yes Daddy’os was where the Starbucks at Kenny and 5th is now. Developed by Ritzy’s vp Richard Einhorn, the fist location was on campus in the old Ritzy’s, a conversion. First drive through was out east on Main st in Whitehall..not sure what it there now..then 5th. Ritzy’s sold to Arbys, as stated. Richard Einhorn also was original owner of local Boston Chicken (Market) locations. R.David Thomas Wendys founder was also the co-founder of Arthur Treachers Fish and Chips in 1969 with friend S.Robert Davis, and Mr. Davis was also involved with the start up of Big Bite, a pita sandwich fast food restaurant.
    Anway still waiting on word of any possible Ritzy’s return to town.

Core_Models

Daddy’o’s was my absolute go-to burger joint for years. Great shakes too.

pspock
    Participant

Former Wendy’s employees don’t just start new concepts in Central Ohio. Bojangles is a chicken and biscuits resteraunt chain with hundreds of locations in the south, and was started somewhere in the Carolinas by a former Wendy’s employee. In fact, Dave Thomas was so impressed with the Bojangles concept when he saw what his former employee created, it led to the creation of Sisters Chicken and Biscuits, which was a near duplication of Bojangles. But just because the concept of the two restaurants was similar doesn’t mean the management of the concepts was similar. Bojangles is still going strong. Sisters was short lived.

If all people have six degrees of seperation, I think all restaurant chain concepts have three degrees of seperation… maybe even two.

Parker
    Participant

Feel like I missed out on the Daddy-O’s, but I would def go to Ritzy’s. There use to be on in Youngstown on Market St that I went to as a kid. It was my Skyline home away from home since I only got skyline in Cinci at the time and there were some similarities… like JazzFest said – the shoestrings FTW!

tolemac5050
    Participant

Spoke with one of the principal individuals that is behind the Ritzy’s return…most likely if this becomes reality, looking at next Spring 2012.

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: