Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

G.D. Ritzy's return to Columbus rumor

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining G.D. Ritzy’s return to Columbus rumor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author

tolemac5050
    Participant

There is rumor that the G.D. Ritzy’s restaurant that was founded in Columbus in 1980 by a former Wendy’s executive, may be making a Columbus return. The closest G.D. Ritzy’s restaurant open is in Evansville Indiana. Also open in Huntington West VA.

Does anyone remember this restaurant and would you patronize Ritzy’s if they re-opened in Columbus?

Core_Models

tolemac5050 wrote >>
    There is rumor that the G.D. Ritzy’s restaurant that was founded in Columbus in 1980 by a former Wendy’s executive, may be making a Columbus return. The closest G.D. Ritzy’s restaurant open is in Evansville Indiana. Also open in Huntington West VA.
    Does anyone remember this restaurant and would you patronize Ritzy’s if they re-opened in Columbus?

That’s a huge yes.

RBloodworth
    Participant

I might make a trip just out of pure nostalgia. I grew up in Clintonville during the ’80s, and Ritzy’s was the place to go for meals after baseball games and/or rewards for doing well in school. Now, I’m sure that it wasn’t nearly as good as I remember it being (Jeni’s and even Northstar are indicators as to the quantum leap in culinary sophistication that this area has taken in the past 20 years), but I’ll probably give it a try.

DavidF
    Participant

I’d love to see them come back!

Remember the Ritzy’s on 5th Ave where the Taco Bell is now?

cbuster

yes! (and I think the one on 5th was actually where the Chipotle is now..)

JazzFestAllNite
    Participant

Shoestring Fries FTW!

tolemac5050
    Participant

White Castle>>G.D.Ritzy’s>>Cheapers>>Chipotle

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

I loved the Ritzy’s on Gay St. when I was growing up. Still my favorite non-Dirty Frank’s hot dog.

KSquared

JazzFestAllNite wrote >>
    Shoestring Fries FTW!

Especially when dipped in mint chocolate chip ice cream!

cc

cbuster wrote >>
    yes! (and I think the one on 5th was actually where the Chipotle is now..)

yep, i think it then turned into a Rally’s.

Anidem
    Participant

I recall them having the best tasting Oreo ice cream- O-O-Oreo. I loved their peanut butter cup, too. I would love to be able to eat some again so I will be watching for news on this.

tolemac5050
    Participant

As I hear updates, (A very reliable source…the founder)…I will post them here

thecandlelab
    Participant

Please pass along to your founder friend that there is a massive groundswell of nostalgic craving for this to return. GD Ritzy’s was our meal after soccer games growing up, and would love to see them return.

Now, if we could only get Zantigo’s to return, my childhood fast food fix would be complete.

tolemac5050
    Participant

Big Bite…Sister’s Chicken and Biscuits, Jimmy Dean Restaurants…I could go on and on! Fat Jimmy’s Chicken….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: