Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Game of Thrones

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV Game of Thrones

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 855 total)
  • Author
    hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

The TV show is now moving ahead of the books. Viewers will find out the fate of their Jon Snow before readers do.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

hahahaha!

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

I do not watch the show. I read the recaps in the Washington Post.

Ned23
    Participant

Here’s the deal: Melisandre is running around burning people because she’s looking for the Targaryen heir. When they burn John (so he doesn’t “turn”) he’ll be reborn in fire. They specifically showed Melisandre sneaking away and returning to Castle Black after convincing Stannis to burn his daughter. There’s absolutely no reason for her to be at Castle Black other than to figure out that John is the missing heir.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Here’s the deal: Melisandre is running around burning people because she’s looking for the Targaryen heir. When they burn John (so he doesn’t “turn”) he’ll be reborn in fire. They specifically showed Melisandre sneaking away and returning to Castle Black after convincing Stannis to burn his daughter. There’s absolutely no reason for her to be at Castle Black other than to figure out that John is the missing heir.

I like the idea of him being reborn through fire because of his R+L=J heritage. Not sure I believe that Melisandre has been running around with that mission though. How would she even know there is a Targaryen heir outside of Daenerys if Ned Stark took that secret to his grave? Burning every person in Westeros one at a time (and at a rate of one every couple of months) is an incredibly slow and ridiculous process.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

How would she even know there is a Targaryen heir outside of Daenerys if Ned Stark took that secret to his grave?

There’s a prophecy that’s played up in the book more than the show (its not a spoiler, because they’ve never resolved it in the book either apparently) and it would make sense she’d be chasing it.

Shifter’s link covers it btw, worth a read and it really is pretty much spoiler free.

p.s. As far as the fire retardant Targaryans:

George_RR_Martin: Granny, thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany’s dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn’t immune to that molten gold.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ned23 wrote:</div>

I like the idea of him being reborn through fire because of his R+L=J heritage. Not sure I believe that Melisandre has been running around with that mission though. How would she even know there is a Targaryen heir outside of Daenerys if Ned Stark took that secret to his grave? Burning every person in Westeros one at a time (and at a rate of one every couple of months) is an incredibly slow and ridiculous process.

Slow, but if you toast marshmellows over the fires it can be awfully tasty.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

There’s no reason for Mel to torch Jon anyway. The Lord of Light can clearly bring people back, he brought this dude back 6 times…and told that to Mel (which never happened in the book, btw).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

There’s a prophecy that’s played up in the book more than the show (its not a spoiler, because they’ve never resolved it in the book either apparently) and it would make sense she’d be chasing it.

The Azor Ahai thing? Sure, but that’s not related to any Targaryens…

RBloodworth
    Participant

Actually, there was a scene in one of the last two books between Maester Aemon and Sam where it was stated that Azor Ahai would be reborn from the line of a past Targaryen king (not sure which one, but he would be a direct ancestor to both Daenerys and- if you believe all the R+L=J theories- Jon). I agree that Melisandre’s penchant for burning people has nothing to do with trying to find the chosen one, but the prophecy does have something to do with the Targaryens.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coremodels wrote:</div>

The Azor Ahai thing? Sure, but that’s not related to any Targaryens…

Assuming Azor Ahai and the Prince that was Promised are the same prophecy, the Prince is to be from the line of Aerys and Rhaella Targaryen according to the book.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

But the Lords of the contract rule all. We may be able to tell which characters will survive by seeing who returns to the set to film the next season.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 855 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: