Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Game of Thrones

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV Game of Thrones

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 855 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Many would be surprised but there are hints in the books that he isn’t

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Gravedigger/Theories

Ah. Interesting theories.

They’ve certainly dropped bigger storylines out of the books though. ;)

DavidF
    Participant

It’s a shame there are no living male Starks left……

bayrea
    Participant

Bran and Rickon are still alive….

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I think that was his point ;)

That said, Bran’s story was so fucking bad they gave him a year off and I am still not remotely curious what he and the tree are up to.

DavidF
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bayrea wrote:</div>

That said, Bran’s story was <em class=”d4pbbc-italic”>so fucking bad they gave him a year off and I am still not remotely curious what he and the tree are up to.

I’m pretty sure most of the audience has forgotten they even exist.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coremodels wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bayrea wrote:</div><br>

That said, Bran’s story was <em class=”d4pbbc-italic”>so fucking bad they gave him a year off and I am still not remotely curious what he and the tree are up to.

FWIW, where they stopped Bran’s story is exactly where it stops in the book…I’m starting to understand a few friends’ complaints that the books just completely fall apart.

DavidF
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>DavidF wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coremodels wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bayrea wrote:</div><br><br>

FWIW, where they stopped Bran’s story is exactly where it stops in the book…I’m starting to understand a few friends’ complaints that the books just completely fall apart.

Absolutely. By the end of the most recent book, I had mostly lost interest. Hopefully the next season is better, because I mostly felt like I was slogging through this one. My wife gave up 2 episodes in and I’m beginning to think she had the right idea.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Yep, that’s exactly it…I mean it was a slow starting season, but then when it did finally pick up steam it wrapped everything up in 10 minutes.

-Stannis spends the entire season building his army to take the North, burns his daughter to make it successful even…battle isn’t even shown, the Roose’s apparently came into a mounted army the size of the one Stannis somehow had against the Wildlings, it lasts zero minutes, and we don’t even see Stannis die.

-Arya is wax-on, wax-off training Karate Kid style for weeks to set up her first assassination…POOF…she suddenly knows how to use the faces, has already infiltrated the brothel, and 5 minutes later killed a guy and lost her sight.

-Jon Snow spends the last 2 seasons having the most epic battles in the show so far, building this alliance to face the white walkers, finding out he has a magic sword, establishing this mysterious bond with Melisandre, hinting he’s destined for great things, and 30 seconds later he’s killed by a 12 year old.

-Weeks are devoted to establishing the Head Sparrow as super smart, turning the tables on the most shrewd chick in all the lands, locking up the Queen, the Queen Mother, the Queen’s Brother, all while the King just watches…then after an “I’m Sorry” sends Cersei home so she can murder him.

-The entire season invests in the politics of Mereen and how Khaleesi will rule…and 10 minutes later she’s living with Dothraki again and her dragon is apparently broken after facing off with like 9 guys with spears.

I’ve had some time to reflect on the finale, and I get angry every time I do.

surber17
    Participant

Excellent points Core. I like that no character is safe, but at this point don’t just throw crazy stuff in there just because you feel like it. The problem with Jon dying is who continues that story line? And how do you wrap that up with only 2 seasons to go? (if they stick with that – even though HBO wants at least 10) You can’t build a story over 5 seasons then kill it and start a completely new one expecting to wrap that one up in 2 seasons

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I thought the last couple episodes were fantastic.

surber17
    Participant

i actually really liked this season, but my only criticism is if you’re going to only have 10 episodes you can’t really have any that are “setup” episodes. The season just goes too fast then.

Roland
    Participant

What ever happened with the Tyrells?

I thought the last 3 episodes were amazing. Having Benjen Stark appear in the preshow trailer was downright cruel!

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

What ever happened with the Tyrells?

I thought the last 3 episodes were amazing. Having Benjen Stark appear in the preshow trailer was downright cruel!

1. Yep, no idea what’s going on with the Tyrells. Dad’s hanging out in Arya land, Mom’s…somewhere? Daughter’s presumably still in jail…but those are 100% guesses.

2. The Benjen thing was brilliant, I admit.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Based on what happened in the books (and it looks like something similar happened on the show), the entire Night’s Watch should be crucified.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 855 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: