Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Game of Thrones

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV Game of Thrones

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 855 total)
  • Author
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I think it’s fair this is a spoiler thread. Talk away.

I like the series a ton but I’m not encouraged to read the books..

Mister Shifter
    Participant

When I said “I wish I could say more.” I meant I wish I could say I like the show more after the dramatic climax of this past week’s episode.

I really enjoyed that character & actor in particular.

honavery

bastardsuperstar wrote >>

honavery wrote >>

bastardsuperstar wrote >>

mbeaumont wrote >>
    I just finished the book last night. And then watched the new episode. Loving the show, and loving the books even more. Can’t wait to get started on Clash of Kings (Book 2).

see, i grew up such a tolkien nerd that i HAVE to read these books, but i’ve gotta admit, as much as this is completely backwards for me, i think i HAVE to watch the “seasons” first, before reading the corresponding books, because this show is just so damn well done that i’d rather not have ANY spoilers and just suck it up when reading the books. completely out of character for me, but the show really is just bowling me over that hard.
    (but if somebody who’s read them like honavery wants to let me know when we’ve reached a point in the show that the 1st book is safe, i can at least dive to it in at that point!)

I guess I’m not sure what you mean by “the 1st book is safe”.

mostly i’m asking for a head’s up that the events/story in the show are past where the 1st novel ends. i’d like to read the books, but i actually want to read them after i see the shows, cuz for once i’d rather experience the filmed version before the written. (which is odd, i know, but a testament to how well done this show is)
    i’m not sure if the end of season one is the end of book one . . .

Oh ok gotcha. So far they haven’t bumped anything up from book 2. I’ll let you know for sure after next week. I believe the plan right now is 1 book = 1 season….that may change later.

There are quite a few new awesome characters to be introduced next season. So don’t get too sad about Ned.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Hats off to a fantastic first season. I just wish I could sleep until season 2 starts. I can’t wait for more.

desecration
    Participant

Spring 2012… that is just crazy! ;)

I enjoyed seeing three little Figments before the season end. :)

honavery

They did a really nice job in this one setting up what Season 2 is going to be about. Book 2 is better than book 1. Can’t wait.

Neil Jaye

****SPOILER ALERT: DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN OR CARE ABOUT THE SEASON FINALE****

Great episode!!! But, it will drive me crazy waiting for what comes next season. Daenerys will be a badass next season. I can’t see how she will be stopped with a level of immortality and dragons. Can’t wait to see Joffrey get his comings. And I can’t wait to see where the Lannister clan goes. Tyrion is probably my favorite character and Sir Jaime Lannister is a great villain. Great show!!!

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

Good episode, but unfortunately they shot their wad last week. Last night felt like a season opener as opposed to the finale.

I guess my complaint is that it was just really, really good instead of great which is a complaint I’m happy to have.

gramarye
    Participant

They ended it there?!?!

Seriously, every single scene in that last episode was designed to open up more loose ends than it closed. It was like a single episode with five different cliffhanger endings, and that few only if you roll all the “Starks vs. Lanisters” plotlines into one.

Well, I’ll be watching in 2012. Maybe in the meantime, I’ll read the books. That way, I won’t be as deranged when they end the second season with likely just as many cliffhangers as this one!

Andrew Hall

Without giving spoilers, don’t expect resolution next season or the season after that or after that either. The strength of the books is that the story evolves in a very natural fashion, which is to say messy, not fast and not linear. Some new and fascinating characters are going to appear as well.

And on a totally different note, a hilarious recap of the season finale from Eddie Huang (who was doing epic Top Chef: Masters recaps) : http://thepopchef.blogspot.com/2011/06/game-of-thrones-drogo-life.html

A.

Core_Models

The casting of Joffrey is perfect though, he’s so fucking unlikeable. It’s like HBO went to every Hollister in the world and found the most annoying cashier, Joffrey, then made him King.

that’s brilliant.

paktinat

watching this pleases me:

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

WTF IS UP WITH THE DRAGONS!?!? DRAGONS PEOPLE, DRAGONS!!!

bayrea
    Participant

Wow…after reading this thread a few weeks ago then seeing the internet uproar after episode 9 I dove in watched the entire first season in 10 days. And am I glad I did. The best acting and character development I have seen in a long time. I so hated Lannisters and the plot twists and turns had me every episode. I am hooked, best stuff on HBO since the Sopranos. I just wished I didn’t know what happened at the end of episode 9… would have been a totally “holy shit” moment.

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

i liked me some sopranos. a lot.

but this is so much more “holy shit” on an every week basis. and they’re never cheap “holy shits” . . . they’re well thought through, and perfectly executed.

and for someone as jaded as myself, i’m gonna pick that everydamntime . . .

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 855 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: