Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Game of Thrones

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV Game of Thrones

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 855 total)
  • Author
    Heathercat42
    Heathercat42
    Participant

I’m a little conflicted by this last ep. I kept watching it thinking “Wait, what are they doing? That’s not how it’s supposed to happen!”
    But still, I can see how they left threads to be tied next season.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Good stuff.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Good stuff.

Yeah, I loved it. The scene with Arya and The Hound was tough to watch but excellent, it would have been easy and a cop out to have them share a moment and I’m so glad they didn’t and she just watched him suffer. Jon Snow and Mance was excellent as well, as was the instant between he and the Red Witch. I truly have no recollection of Stanis being told to go to the Wall, but oh well…it worked. I guessed that Jamie would try and save Tyrion…I had no idea that he’d do what he did though, and that was fantastic. I also loved Varis just instantly making a decision to leave King’s Landing, that dude is a survivor.

The ultra-cryptic Bran stuff…meh…but I imagine its leading somewhere cool.

Chrysee
    Participant

I’m pretty sure it was last season’s finale where Stannis (and presumably every other lord) gets a raven from the Wall asking for help. Davos is able to read it and brings it to his attention. But they derped around getting bank loans for so long this year that I really can’t remember.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I was watching a pretty innocuous GoT YouTube video a few months ago when I read some jackoff post “Don’t worry everyone, Tyrion kills Tywin with a crossbow.” I think it ruined my entire week.

Save for this thread, I have avoided any web articles, comment sections, really anything GoT-related on the internet since then. When I got bitchy on here a few weeks back, you can maybe understand why I’m so anti-spoiler/book discussion.

That said, I still really enjoyed the finale. The Bran stuff has pretty much lost me, but like Core said, we’ll see where it goes. Other than that, everything was great.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I was watching a pretty innocuous GoT YouTube video a few months ago when I read some jackoff post “Don’t worry everyone, Tyrion kills Tywin with a crossbow.” I think it ruined my entire week.

Yep, the big spoiler I came across was in a similar fashion (and it appears all the book people thought it would happen last night). Glad it didn’t, but still waiting to be pissed off when it does happen.

BTW, the one thing I gather from the reviews today is that Brienne vs. the Hound wasn’t a thing in the books, so I’d call that a major improvement. That battle was epic and really established her even more.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

That battle was epic and really established her even more.

That vagina kick though

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I guessed that Jamie would try and save Tyrion…I had no idea that he’d do what he did though, and that was fantastic.

I dunno… I thought his revenge against his father at least felt somewhat justified after a lifetime of torment. His killing of Shae felt unnecessary to me. Tyrion has generally proved himself to be above those types of decisions. That’s going to haunt him for a long time.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coremodels wrote:</div>
    I guessed that Jamie would try and save Tyrion…I had no idea that he’d do what he did though, and that was fantastic.

I dunno… I thought his revenge against his father at least felt somewhat justified after a lifetime of torment. His killing of Shae felt unnecessary to me. Tyrion has generally proved himself to be above those types of decisions. That’s going to haunt him for a long time.

Meh, the woman he loved basically sentenced him to death and started banging the person who handed down that sentence to further her station in life. Add to that the “Tywin my Lion” line, it is clear she never cared about him to begin with.

Then she tried to stab him.

Fuck her.

ETA: killing her with the Hand of the King necklace = even better.

bayrea
    Participant

Overall pretty good. The skeleton attack on Bran and the Reeds had me on the edge of my seat. I thought Arya staring at the Hound went on a bit too long. I was like “get on with it, kill him or leave”. For some reason I laughed when Varys got on the boat and sat with his “Dwarf in a box” like some old lady taking her dog on a plane…

Heathercat42
    Heathercat42
    Participant

For some reason I laughed when Varys got on the boat and sat with his “Dwarf in a box” like some old lady taking her dog on a plane…

Makes two of us – he heard bells, had the “oh seven hells, what have you done Tyrion?” look, and figured now’s as good a time as any to exit stage left.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Meh, the woman he loved basically sentenced him to death and started banging the person who handed down that sentence to further her station in life. Add to that the “Tywin my Lion” line, it is clear she never cared about him to begin with.

Then she tried to stab him.

Fuck her.

ETA: killing her with the Hand of the King necklace = even better.

I think she did actually care about him when they were together, but she was so hurt when he sent her away (after dealing with the Sansa situation too) that she sought her revenge on him. She was angry and full of hatred toward him and did lie to try to get him executed (though technically Oberyn’s loss is what sentenced him to die).

But Tyrion has for the most part proven himself to be above murdering people. Despite some whoring and some lying, he’s always been one of the few characters with the most noble of intentions (maybe second to Jon Snow?).

For him to murder an ex-lover for revenge seems out of character.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

For him to murder an ex-lover for revenge seems out of character.

Feel like that corner was turned already.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coremodels wrote:</div>

He was ambushed, more-or-less, and she came at him with a knife. He was surely in a life or death situation there. If he sought her out and killed her, maybe I’d feel differently.

Heathercat42
    Heathercat42
    Participant

Well true, he DID say he was sorry after strangling her. So I wouldn’t tend to think it was intentional in this case.

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 855 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: