Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Game of Thrones

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV Game of Thrones

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 855 total)
  • Author
    Heathercat42
    Heathercat42
    Participant

So to those show watchers who maybe thought “wow, nothing really goes on at the Wall and the Night’s Watch just sits there”, we finally got to see what they do. They DEFEND, against whatever comes at that wall. And while they’re not a precision-based army, they do whatever’s necessary and fight like they’re no tomorrow because really what else do they have to live for?

I’ll admit, the whole Night’s Watch story loses me sometimes in show AND in the books. But seeing them in action was pretty bad-ass. And so was the giant chain claw thing.

Janos Slynt, however… well, place your bets how long he’ll be around.

bayrea
    Participant

I was convinced bad things were going to happen to Sam and Gilly after all the character building they had in the 1st 15 minutes with those two. Also good to see some of the secondary Night’s Watch characters get there moment of glory, loved the speech/standoff in the tunnel. I agree with the great cinematography, some great sweeping long shots.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

That giant’s arrow was badass.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

That giant’s arrow was badass.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

You know, I love posting recaps to each episode… but there’s not a whole lot to analyze about this one.

Fighting! Action! Battle!

Highly entertaining. ;)

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Fairly “feel good” too, even the deaths were heroic or OK with me. Ygritte’s death probably should have been sadder, but she’d gone fairly kill crazy rampage recently and had to go. My only real complaint would be not enough wolf! Sam runs to let the thing out and they show it kill exactly as many people as he did?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Baldy took that ball peen to the dome, shut him right down.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Fairly “feel good” too, even the deaths were heroic or OK with me. Ygritte’s death probably should have been sadder, but she’d gone fairly kill crazy rampage recently and had to go. My only real complaint would be not enough wolf! Sam runs to let the thing out and they show it kill exactly as many people as he did?

Yeah, Anne and I couldn’t help but laugh a little bit when Jon and Ygritte sat on the ground to exchange some dying words while the fighting sound effects died out and the romantic/tragic music kicked in. A little cliched, but I guess that’s Jon Snow for you as the hopeless romantic underdog hero.

And agreed on the wolf too. He got one good kill in and that was it. I guess there were some time constraints but it did seem a bit deflated.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

So… for us non-book-readers… any theories on what might happen with Jon Snow heading out to track down Mance? Is he going to fight him? Or try to reason with him?

My prediction is that the White Walkers begin to attack and everyone’s attention is diverted. The ol’ “forces at war have to unite to fight an even worse villain” switcheroo.

Roland
    Participant

GoT is always pretty good but these occasional balls to the wall episodes have been amazing. Lots of characters get their moments in the spotlight.

Sam really steps it up. Good to see him in the action as Sam the Slayer instead of Sam the Coward. Great dialogue from him.

Ser Alliser Thorne gets to be slightly less of a douche canoe and show why he trains the men of the Night’s Watch.

Ygritte gets to say “You know nothing Jon Snow” one last time. I go back and forth with her. I liked the free spirit side of her, but loathed the bloodlust. Romance gone bad. Real bad.

The Giants. The Mammoth. The Arrow!

Tormund gets to go full bad ass wildling. I like the Night’s Watch but this guy is just awesome.

I loved seeing Ghost make an appearance but they really need to do more with him, and the dire wolves in general.

This was a good episode, and it could be building up to an incredible season finale, but the scale of things just didn’t come across. It felt like there was dozens of people there. Not the thousands that everyone had described. We will see. Mance Rayder isn’t at the front lines yet.

I recently rewatched the Blackwater episode of Season 2 and thought that was better overall.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

It felt like there was dozens of people there. Not the thousands that everyone had described. We will see. Mance Rayder isn’t at the front lines yet.

That’s exactly true, right? There was a small invasion camp that came through the front door south of the wall, and everyone else north of the wall mostly hung back by the woods except for the handful that came forward with the giants and mammoths.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Khal Drogo = Aquaman?

http://www.cnet.com/news/jason-momoa-aka-khal-drogo-to-be-reborn-as-aquaman/

I guess in the darker versions of Aquaman, he could work pretty well.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Incredibly excited/nervous for this episode. Also dreading it a little, as I’m afraid the one big spoiler from the books that I was exposed to may happen and I HATE that it will be spoiled :(

Saw that its a longer episode, which is awesome, and that you should fully expect HBO Go to crash tonight.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Just saw that tonight’s episode was submitted for consideration for an Emmy by the writers…and it was the only episode of the season they submitted. Can’t wait.

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 855 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: