Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Game of Thrones

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV Game of Thrones

This topic contains 854 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  El Diablo Einstein 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 855 total)
  • Author

honavery

Glad to hear most everyone seems to be enjoying this so far. I think it has been excellent for the most part. I actually don’t have any problems yet with the way it’s been adapted from the book really. The one complaint I do have is you can kind of see where they’ve had to skimp on the budget a bit. Mainly in the joust scene, and any scene involving the Dothraki. I wish they would of had some establishing CGI shots or something to beef those scenes up crowd wise. Instead of just showing 50 people on horses.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I can’t remember liking a show like this other than watching the first season of LOST. I’m completely addicted. I haven’t read the books, but just purchased the first in the series and plan to start reading it next week.

Also, if Peter Dinklage doesn’t win an Emmy for playing Tyrion I’ll eat both of my shoes.

Dinklage is amazing, I’d watch the show just for him.

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

far and away the most engrossing character and actor in anything i’m watching right now.

but i hope that as the series goes on, we see arya/maisie williams steal that spot from him . . .

(also: i REALLY like saying the word “dothraki”)

Mister Shifter
    Participant

bastardsuperstar wrote >>
    i hope that as the series goes on, we see arya/maisie williams steal that spot from him . . .

Agreed, she’s awesome. I also really enjoy the Jon Snow/bastard son storyline. Petyr Baelish (Little Finger) is also an interesting character.

It’s really amazing how well they cast this series. Everyone seems like great actors and fit their roles perfectly.

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

and the more that viserys gets smacked around, the happier i am . . .

(seriously, shit’s not gonna end well for him, is it?)

(no, wait, don’t tell me.)

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

Mister Shifter wrote >>
    I can’t remember liking a show like this other than watching the first season of LOST. I’m completely addicted.

+1. I watched the first episode and thought “meh, I guess I’ll keep watching” and now count down the days until the next episode is on. I like that (similar to “Sons of Anarchy”) it takes its time revealing the story and characters. It’s refreshing to have shows that don’t just assume you’re an idiot and need everything spelled out for you.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I agree. During the first episode I was a bit confused with some of the plot lines and back-stories, but soon after I started figuring out who was who and had a better understanding of what was going on.

There is so much content to take from the books, I applaud the directors for doing such a good job with the pacing and how they’ve handled laying out the stories so far.

Also, it seems that most of the finicky, hardcore fans of the book series have been pleased so far, which is no small feat I’m sure. It’s nice knowing that the author has worked very closely with the two directors to ensure that the adaptation retains the integrity of the source material.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Mister Shifter wrote >>
    I can’t remember liking a show like this other than watching the first season of LOST.

Awww man… now I’m going to *have* to watch it. ;)

Mister Shifter
    Participant

You haven’t already? BAAAH! Get on it lad!

honavery

I’m very encouraged that non-book readers are so engrossed with this.

I think if you took a poll among people that have read the book Tyrion and Arya would be among the top 3 favorites, and I’m very happy to see that has carried over to the series. Jon Snow is good too, and his arc only gets better, especially for next season. The casting is definitely the high point for the show. I was excited to see Dinklage as Tyrion as soon as it was announced. He is great in the book too. Jaimie is also very well cast.

It’s interesting to see some scenes they add to flesh things out a bit. The scene last week between Cersei and Robert is not in the book, but I thought it was really well done to give a glimpse into what their relationship was like.

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

well, he did get his crown . . .

mbeaumont
    Participant

I just finished the book last night. And then watched the new episode. Loving the show, and loving the books even more. Can’t wait to get started on Clash of Kings (Book 2).

Totally agree with honavery about some of the scenes that weren’t in the book. That scene with Cersei and King Robert was fantastic.

It’s amazing too how so many of the scenes come out looking exactly as I’d imagined them from the book. Great stuff.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Yet another great episode!

You can watch episode 7 one week early, now with HBO GO. I think I might wait though, as I’d rather not have to fiend for two weeks waiting for ep. 8.

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Game-Thrones-Watch-Episodes-6-7-Tonight-With-HBO-GO-32222.html

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

i’m pretty sure they did that last week, too, with hbogo. maybe you can just stay a week ahead the whole season.

personally, i couldn’t imagine doing that and watching a show this good on ANYthing smaller than my plasma, so my patience WILL be rewarded.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 855 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.