Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Game of Thrones

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV Game of Thrones

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 855 total)
  • Author

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Now the long wait begins.

Sigh.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I thought last night was a bit of a dud to be honest.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

vestanpance said:
    I thought last night was a bit of a dud to be honest.

Agreed. A bit hit and miss. The Daenerys part of last night fell a bit flat for me.

Was really hoping to get more from the last 10-15 minutes to propel into the next season.

At least we got this.

bayrea
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    Agreed. A bit hit and miss. Was hoping to get more from the last 10-15 minutes.

At least we got this.

Brace yourself… the “Dick in a Box” Meme’s are coming.

myliftkk
    Participant

I think they just wanted to end on a high note last night as far as sequencing goes. Plus, they tied up a lot of the stories into how they’ll weave together next season.

The Arya and Hound scene was amazing though, and the Small Council.

bayrea
    Participant

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

myliftkk said:
    I think they just wanted to end on a high note last night as far as sequencing goes. Plus, they tied up a lot of the stories into how they’ll weave together next season.

Yep. There was a lot of tension built up in the penultimate episode of the season, so they needed a chance to release the tension, calm things back down, re-humanize the whole show, and set the stage for season four. Very well done in terms of pacing, and it reminded me a lot of the format of many Breaking Bad seasons.

Overall, it was a great ending to a great season. I like that we got to check back in with just about everyone and wrap things up and bring a few story arcs to a close. In what has felt like a constant string of splintering of groups, it was nice to see some people reunite or cross paths (Sam & Bran! Sam & Jon! Jaime & Cersei!) rather than leave everything dangling all the time.

I thought it was a bit unexpected to see the Greyjoys back in the mix and Theon’s sister so charged up to go save him. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

The biggest question now… what other show should we watch to kill time until GoT is back? ;)

bob.os
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    Now the long wait begins.

Sigh.

If they stay true to the books, the long wait will be ~5 years.

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

Walker said:
    Yep. There was a lot of tension built up in the penultimate episode of the season, so they needed a chance to release the tension, calm things back down, re-humanize the whole show, and set the stage for season four. Very well done in terms of pacing, and it reminded me a lot of the format of many Breaking Bad seasons.

Overall, it was a great ending to a great season. I like that we got to check back in with just about everyone and wrap things up and bring a few story arcs to a close. In what has felt like a constant string of splintering of groups, it was nice to see some people reunite or cross paths (Sam & Bran! Sam & Jon! Jaime & Cersei!) rather than leave everything dangling all the time.

I thought it was a bit unexpected to see the Greyjoys back in the mix and Theon’s sister so charged up to go save him. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

The biggest question now… what other show should we watch to kill time until GoT is back? ;)

Have you watched the Americans yet? It’s been very good.

ricospaz
    Participant

Hodor!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

murfmurphy said:
    Have you watched the Americans yet? It’s been very good.

Not yet. Right now I’m leaning toward The Wire. Only watched the first episode and haven’t had time to introduce a new hour-long drama into the rotation. ;)

bayrea
    Participant

I would definately recomend The Wire… it does take about 4 episodes to get moving but once it does it’s real good.

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

Walker said:
    Not yet. Right now I’m leaning toward The Wire. Only watched the first episode and haven’t had time to introduce a new hour-long drama into the rotation. ;)

The Americans is a cable show, though, which means it aired w/ commercials. You can burn through the 13 45 min Americans episodes a lot quicker than the 60 60 min Wire episodes.

Also, this is probably blasphemy, but I wish someone would put together a cops and dealers remix of the Wire. There are a lot of storylines in the Wire that really slow down the action (the schools, the docks, the newspaper, etc.).

myliftkk
    Participant

Walker said:

Uh, if you have HBO, the vampire soap opera returns.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Walker said:

Spend 6 hours and watch Rectify on Sundance, definitely worth it IMO.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 855 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: