Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Game of Thrones

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV Game of Thrones

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 855 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeah, I really like how they’ve slowly introduced things like dragons, zombies and giants into the story gradually over time (they showed very little of any of that in the first season). Makes it feel a little more believable when it’s not overused.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

That little girl/warlock was creepy as hell.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant
    hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Here is an interesting story about piracy and GAME OF THRONES from the Washington Post today:

Game Of Thrones Questions Everything You Know About Piracy

The season 3 premiere was the most pirated tv show in history. Yet DVD sales for the previous seasons are very good (in spite of rampant piracy of those episodes). Apparently the piracy helps build excitement and desire of people to own higher resolution copies once they become available. Also, the report notes how HBO makes it difficult for people to watch the show legally. If you do not want to subscribe to HBO, you either have to wait for the episodes to come out on DVD or you have to pirate them.

I do not watch the show but I have read the books. Also, I remember meeting Martin at a Worldcon 10 years ago; a friend of mine is an artist who does the European covers for the novels as well as some of the cards for the card game.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    That little girl/warlock was creepy as hell.

Like something out of a modern day horror movie. Crazy, loved it!

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Wargs :)

Also, the scene where Catelyn talks about Jon Snow was damn cool & unexpected for me.

myliftkk
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    Wargs :)

Also, the scene where Catelyn talks about Jon Snow was damn cool & unexpected for me.

I found it intriguing that she called it a motherless child. Having not read the books, I’m not clear on JS parentage, but she didn’t refer to it as a bastard.

I quite liked the swordfight at the end, or at least Brienne’s casual dispatching of Jamie (manacles aside) after listening to him insult her for the extent of the walk.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Sam on baller mode.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Great episode (we finally watched it last night). It hopped around a lot, but I was happy that we got to keep up with a whole bunch of characters doing a whole bunch of things.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

King Slayer won’t be slaying much anymore.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Snarf said:
    King Slayer won’t be slaying much anymore.

Probably wouldn’t make a great “Hand of the King” either…

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

I do not watch the show but I read all the books last year so I know what happened. I wonder if the character will experience the same kind of change he experienced in the books. From what I have read, the TV version is a nastier piece of work than his written version.

Jman4ever
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    Probably wouldn’t make a great “Hand of the King” either…

I would link an applause gif, but you know what they say about the sound of one hand clapping.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Just watched it. Wow.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

And just to throw my own bad pun in there…

It seems like the King Slayer has been completely disarmed.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 855 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: