Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Gallo's Kitchen & Bar - Upper Arlington

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Gallo’s Kitchen & Bar – Upper Arlington

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Soaktree
    Participant

I live near the old Ciao restaurant behind Subway at Riverside & Nottingham and noticed some work going on there recently. They just installed new storefront and it looked like they were completely renovating the inside. Last week, a sign went up announcing “Gallo’s Kitchen & Bar” It’s apparently the brother of the guy that runs Gallo’s Taproom. Can’t wait for it to open!

http://www.thisweeknews.com/live/content/food/stories/2009/09/16/table_talk.html

http://www.thisweeknews.com/live/content/food/stories/2010/06/16/tabletalk.html

Soaktree
    Participant

gah, someone already posted about this….https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/old-ciao-bar-location sorry!

KSquared

Thanks for the update! This is near my SO’s house and we’ve been waiting for it.

tolemac5050
    Participant

Gallo’s Tap room has great food, this location should do very well…many people living near are excited…heard it should open mid september

Allow me to introduce myself…
    Tommy Gallo, owner of Gallo;s Tap Room and Owner of Gallo’s Kitchen.
    We are hoping to open the new joint mid September. It is going to
    be an Italian and Creole restaurant with an aggressive beer selection.
    Casual setting and enough tv’s to see the games, but nowhere near the
    amount the Taproom has. We are very excited about coming into
    Upper Arlington. I used to frequent Ci’ao myself, and think that you will be
    amazed with what we did inside. I appreciate the Underground’s interest.
    When I hit the pages of the Underground I feel like people notice how
    hard I work to make the best food I can. Looking forward to seeing you all
    in the future.
    Chef Tommy Gallo

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Hi Tommy!

Thanks for the introduction post and the information about the new venture. Looking forward to checking it out soon. ;)

tolemac5050
    Participant

I did stop by last week…the place was gutted completely…

rnlewisiii

Figlio is goin DOWN… HA! Can’t wait for the doors to open. Hope to see fried oysters on the menu.

Soaktree
    Participant

THey look ready to open! There have been evening training sessions and various cars int he parking lot at all hours. The interior looks finished with all of the furniture, etc. and all signs are up on the building and on the door. Any day now I’ll post a review…

tolemac5050
    Participant

Supposed to open Tuesday the 21st!

Soaktree
    Participant

Soaktree
    Participant

Took two pics this morning on the way to work. The wife and I are getting pretty excited about this place…I hope it’s nothing short of awesome!

-Seth

tolemac5050
    Participant

Gallos is open, no alcohol until this weekend when UA should approve whatever it is they need to approve.

Soaktree
    Participant

Drove by last night at dinner time and saw the parking lot empty. There was a small note taped to the door that read, “We are closed until our liquor permit is finalized.”

tolemac5050
    Participant

Lets hope this is resolved soon!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: