Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

2015 Gahanna Mayoral Race

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics 2015 Gahanna Mayoral Race

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coremodels wrote:</div>
    Also…apology in paragraph 4? Nothing like burying the lead.

And only after spending paragraphs 2 and 3 blaming the media for not printing his quote exactly as he saw fit. As if playing the victim card and attempting to offset the blame onto the media could help cast him in a better light.

Pretty weak.

This dude is going to win and Gahanna is going to spend the next couple years living out an embarrassment the level of Ice Town from Parks & Recreation.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

This dude is going to win and Gahanna is going to spend the next couple years living out an embarrassment the level of Ice Town from Parks & Recreation.

Future Citizens of Gahanna,

bjamis
    Participant

You may have missed the part where it took him four days to apologize, later explained by an injury to his dog. Somehow, before his apology was released he was able to set aside his grief and post a message encouraging the other candidate to get support from ISIS. He then promptly deleted the message, after others pointed out it was inappropriate, and soon after deactivated his Facebook account.

This guy is a clown. It’s unfortunate to see many fools defending him.

RedStorm
    Participant

Looks like I moved out of Gahanna in time.

While the “context” piece might be true – I joke with friends all the time and if you took just one phrase or sentence, yeah it would probably look bad. But here’s the thing – that stuff is all PRIVATE: texts, private messages, etc. Not on a social media platform for the whole world to see.

Hell, I don’t even care about context in this guy’s case. Many, many posts went way over the line, joking or not. You can’t really blame that on your “college” or “high school” years when you’re 26. He’s still the same person.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

I shall remain optimistic.

bayrea
    Participant

“Gahanna Manna Can find new job Manana” They are really into rhymes.

kit444
    Participant

Gahanna is the city that once saw its mayor fight a high school kid in the Burger King parking lot. Embarrassment is nothing new.

News
    Participant

Opinion: The Real Lesson From Joseph Gergley’s Tweets
    May 11, 2015 3:33 pm – Jesse Bethea

Graduation season is winding down and thousands of Millennials in Central Ohio are searching for jobs that are often hard to come by. Many of these kids have been taught over and over again by parents and teachers to watch what they post on social media, for an unwise status update or a wayward tweet can cost them prime job opportunities. One young man in Gahanna is learning that the hard way.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/opinion-the-real-lesson-from-joseph-gergleys-tweets

BCNation
    Participant

Gergley jumped the shark. No, he cannonball somersaulted over the shark. In 2015, NOTHING is private anymore. The press will find ways to the truth, as Mulder & Scully said, “The truth is out there”. If I lived in Gahanna, I’d be voting for the other guy (Kneeland). There’s no way that Gergley gets out unscathed, unless he has ties to the electoral process like George W. Bush had with Florida in the 2000 Presidential Election.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Gergley jumped the shark. No, he cannonball somersaulted over the shark. In 2015, NOTHING is private anymore. The press will find ways to the truth, as Mulder & Scully said, “The truth is out there”. If I lived in Gahanna, I’d be voting for the other guy (Kneeland). There’s no way that Gergley gets out unscathed, unless he has ties to the electoral process like George W. Bush had with Florida in the 2000 Presidential Election.

I don’t know, I’ve been watching the various FB pages (not that they’re super scientific) and I’m not going to be at all surprised if he wins with a pretty similar vote to what he got in the primary.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

Very few people showed up to vote in the primary. I think the actual election will be a different story.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Very few people showed up to vote in the primary. I think the actual election will be a different story.

Dude, you better rock the vote in Gahanna before you’re living in Tea Party HQ for the Midwest ;)

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

Dude, you better rock the vote in Gahanna before you’re living in Tea Party HQ for the Midwest ;)

Ha, I promise I’ll do my best!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

As long as people don’t forget this incident between now and November. That’s like an eternity in terms of voters’ long-term memory.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

As long as people don’t forget this incident between now and November. That’s like an eternity in terms of voters’ long-term memory.

Not in Gahanna. What else do we have to talk about? ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: