Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

2015 Gahanna Mayoral Race

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics 2015 Gahanna Mayoral Race

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Additional Questionable Social Media Posts Surface From Gahanna Mayoral Candidate
    By Glenn McEntyre
    Friday May 8, 2015 6:48 PM

GAHANNA, Ohio – The criticism of a Gahanna mayoral candidate is growing. One group accusing Joseph Gergley of racist, sexist and homophobic social media posts says he should withdraw from the race. Now 10tv has uncovered additional offensive messages by the man who wants to be Mayor.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2015/05/08/gahanna-ohio-additional-questionable-social-media-posts-surface-from-gahanna-mayoral-candidate.html

theadocj
    Participant

Yeah he’s done. Probably couldn’t respectfully run for class president with that trail in his past. Lesson for the millennials!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Lesson for everyone!

FTFY. ;)

I’ve seen people of all ages at like complete morons on social media. ;)

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

It cracks me up the number of people still defending him by saying “he was in college” or “they’re just jokes.” The dude’s 26 and together those posts add up to one sad, hateful little man. I hope he drops out but if he doesn’t it will be my pleasure to not vote for him.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

For a trip to bizarro world, let me recommend visiting the “Take Back Gahanna” Facebook page to see the discussions on this…and yeah, that’s a real thing.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

For a trip to bizarro world, let me recommend visiting the “Take Back Gahanna” Facebook page to see the discussions on this…and yeah, that’s a real thing.

Yeesh.

Here’s the link…

https://www.facebook.com/groups/416986621713318/

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Now there’s a whole conspiratorial thing about the Stonewall Democrats getting involved…countdown to use of the phrase “gay agenda” starting now…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Now there’s a whole conspiratorial thing about the Stonewall Democrats getting involved…

Heh. Does it really matter WHO is pointing out the guy’s asshattery? If Joseph Gergley has a history of posting racist, sexist and homophobic messages, then to me it sounds like there’s only one person to blame.

heresthecasey
    Participant

“Take Back Gahanna”

LOL

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

Didn’t mean to be a racist, sexist homophobe. My bad.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

Also “bittersweet” is one word and “past social media posts from my past” is redundant. Even if his character wasn’t shaky his grammar would be. (Plenty of misspelled words in his hateful tweets as well.)

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Didn’t mean to be a racist, sexist homophobe. My bad.

Also…apology in paragraph 4? Nothing like burying the lead.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Also…apology in paragraph 4? Nothing like burying the lead.

And only after spending paragraphs 2 and 3 blaming the media for not printing his quote exactly as he saw fit. As if playing the victim card and attempting to offset the blame onto the media could help cast him in a better light.

Pretty weak.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: