Our City Online

Messageboard - Film

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

G.I. Joe

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Film G.I. Joe

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author

wildgoose77

Just ‘cuz I wanted to start a thread on this movie.

Hasbro has released to following message to fans regarding Paramount Pictures’ live-action G.I. Joe adaptation, to be directed by Stephen Sommers and written by Stuart Beattie:

Hasbro’s G.I. Joe Team wanted to take this opportunity to clarify some of the facts regarding the G.I. Joe live-action movie that we are developing with Paramount Pictures.

This movie will be a modern telling of the “G.I. Joe vs. Cobra” storyline and its compelling characters that Hasbro created 25 years ago. The G.I. Joe team will not be based in Brussels. Instead, they will be based out of the “Pit” as they were throughout the 1980s comic book series. And, in keeping with the G.I. Joe vs. Cobra fantasy, the movie will feature characters and locations from around the world. Duke, the lead character and head of the G.I. Joe team, will embody the values of bravery and heroism that the first generation of G.I. Joe figures established.

G.I. Joe is expected to hit theaters in 2009.

READ MORE

WILDMAN
    Participant

i’ll be happy to see this movie. its kind of funny b/c about a month or so ago, my friends and i were trying to think of old school cartoons they could turn into movies. I’ll be looking forward to seeing this movie. i had my doubts about Transfomers when i first heard they were going to make the movie b/c i was thinking how they were going to do the transformers and then the movie came and i was very happy so i’ll be in line waiting to see G.I. Joe the movie in 2009!!! 8)

honavery

Yeah, not sure how this will turn out. Thundercats is coming too.

dru
    Participant

wildgoose77 wrote Just ‘cuz I wanted to start a thread on this movie.

Hasbro has released to following message to fans regarding Paramount Pictures’ live-action G.I. Joe adaptation, to be directed by Stephen Sommers and written by Stuart Beattie:

Hasbro’s G.I. Joe Team wanted to take this opportunity to clarify some of the facts regarding the G.I. Joe live-action movie that we are developing with Paramount Pictures.

This movie will be a modern telling of the “G.I. Joe vs. Cobra” storyline and its compelling characters that Hasbro created 25 years ago. The G.I. Joe team will not be based in Brussels. Instead, they will be based out of the “Pit” as they were throughout the 1980s comic book series. And, in keeping with the G.I. Joe vs. Cobra fantasy, the movie will feature characters and locations from around the world. Duke, the lead character and head of the G.I. Joe team, will embody the values of bravery and heroism that the first generation of G.I. Joe figures established.

G.I. Joe is expected to hit theaters in 2009.

READ MORE

And now we know, and knowing is half the battle…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Why would they want to ruin such a timeless classic?

WILDMAN
    Participant

Walker wrote Why would they want to ruin such a timeless classic?

that video was pretty damn funny Walker!!!

shroud
    Participant

I had a ton of GI Joe figures when I was a kid – they were definitely my favorite toys, and the cartoon was always a favorite as well.

A live action movie seems like it could go either way – I mean, there’s LOTS of war / special ops / army / terrorism movies out there, and it could be really gory and realistic — BUT — working off a toy / intellectual property targeted towards kids means it can’t be that over the top… so it could also be High School Musical : guns & terrorism edition.

wildgoose77

I always thought the first 45 minutes of The Rock was the closest I’d ever get to seeing an actual GI Joe movie. Of course, The Rock was rated R.

I’m interested to see how the writers balance a good vs. evil action-adventure story with post 9/11 political realities. I mean, I know they’re just cartoon characters, but lately the US government response to domestic terrorist threats is an awfully touchy subject.

honavery

They already made a fantastic GI Joe movie. With what is possibly the greatest opening theme song ever.

COBRA!!! cobra… COBRA!!!

shroud
    Participant

The GI Joe movie had that stupid “Cobra-LA” snakemen thing that made it INSTANTLY FAIL.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

shroud wrote The GI Joe movie had that stupid “Cobra-LA” snakemen thing that made it INSTANTLY FAIL.

are you kidding me? that was sweet!

bayrea
    Participant

The best GI JOE movie is the one were they had to recover the 4 pieces of the weather machine and battled COBRA all over the globe. Off the top of my head I remember there were pieces in

1)Deep Sea

2)Crater of a frozen volcano

3)A Jungle Temple

4)I can’t remember the 4th piece!!!

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Although this movie has serious skidmarks on it already, I would love to see a good film version of Sgt. Rock.

One seems like it’s been batted around for like 5 years now.

ZHC

bayrea wrote The best GI JOE movie is the one were they had to recover the 4 pieces of the weather machine and battled COBRA all over the globe. Off the top of my head I remember there were pieces in

1)Deep Sea

2)Crater of a frozen volcano

3)A Jungle Temple

4)I can’t remember the 4th piece!!!

I think that was actually a mini series. Before Gi Joe got syndicated it ran as a couple 4 part mini-serieses if I recall correctly. I agree those were the peak of the show (like the initial mini series “More than Meets the Eye” for Transformers) .

Man that show being 20 years old or so makes me feel really old :|

bayrea
    Participant

Here is a link of all the GI Joe cartoons…..

http://www.propadeutic.com/transcripts/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

The forum ‘Film’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: