Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Brewer's Yard Kroger

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping Brewer's Yard Kroger

This topic contains 34 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Anne Evans Anne Evans 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Just noticed last night that a new batch of U-Scan registers were added near the Starbucks. How soon until the whole store is self-checkout?

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Just noticed last night that a new batch of U-Scan registers were added near the Starbucks. How soon until the whole store is self-checkout?

This is a scary proposition for our economy. WSJ writer says not so fast, though.

JAL
    Participant

I think they are adding more self checkouts similar to the set-up at the Kroger in Short North. Plus I didn’t notice a 15 item or under restriction on these check outs. Surprisingly I have noticed that this Kroger has been steadily getting busier especially on the weekends. Parking is becoming harder to find and I noticed that all the checkout lines are ALL in operation with several people deep in each line. I wasn’t sure how opening the larger Short North Kroger and the Grandview Market District was going to affect this store, but it appears that business has only increased.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

I think they are adding more self checkouts similar to the set-up at the Kroger in Short North. Plus I didn’t notice a 15 item or under restriction on these check outs. Surprisingly I have noticed that this Kroger has been steadily getting busier especially on the weekends. Parking is becoming harder to find and I noticed that all the checkout lines are ALL in operation with several people deep in each line. I wasn’t sure how opening the larger Short North Kroger and the Grandview Market District was going to affect this store, but it appears that business has only increased.

It’d be great if they improved the accessibility and landscape setup around this location to encourage more pedestrian traffic. It seems like such an afterthought, or better yet, non-thought, given the amount of customers living nearby entering from the Front-Beck intersection or from the north/Liberty Place apts.
    On the plus side, having the CoGo station at Front & Beck is fantastic.

kroger brewers yard

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

It does stink to go there later at night and have to self scan a large order yourself in a tiny area. They can’t even open up a lane for someone that does have a cart full of stuff because there’s usually only one employee. Zero on the customer service.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: