Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Brewer's Yard Kroger

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping Brewer's Yard Kroger

This topic contains 34 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Anne Evans Anne Evans 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author

blammo
    Participant

mnoelleh wrote >>
    I work in the Brewery District and frequent this Kroger for lunch & shopping, so this makes me WAY happy :)

I just wanted to respond to your post so you don’t feel left out! hahaha

Seriously, it is pretty nice to be able to pick up liquor at the grocery store. it might not be the best move for say, the Weinland Park/”The Short!” Kroger though.

shoptb1

Suhweet…I shop at this Kroger primarily, and being able to pick up liquor here as opposed to venturing over to Parsons or 5th Ave is MUCH more convenient.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

SusanB wrote >>
    +1 on The Honeybee. The owners are very nice and they run a tight ship. They are also responsive to their neighbors and the community.

We go there for our liquor needs as well. Hopefully this won’t impact their business too much.

tourist19
    Participant

That is great news! The last time I went to the Parson’s liquor store I was in line behind a woman buying a “gallon o’ gin and some o’ that there brandy” who then got in a fight with the clerk because she didn’t have her ID. I seriously thought she was going to start smashing stuff she got so angry.

I didn’t know about the Honeybee, will have to try that next time I need some booze.

greenhouse1014
    Participant

Gosh, I hope the bums and other undesireables don’t start congregating around the Krogers now, begging for quarters so they can go in and get their liquor. This certainly takes away from the innocence of the village…

somertimeoh
    Participant

This must explain why they’ve been moving so much around the last month or so. I couldn’t find my delicious CA sparkling wine a few weeks ago and on the way out I saw they’d moved it near the meat. Duhr.

berdawn

somertimeoh wrote >>
    This must explain why they’ve been moving so much around the last month or so. I couldn’t find my delicious CA sparkling wine a few weeks ago and on the way out I saw they’d moved it near the meat. Duhr.

this is one issue the governator should have solved right off the bat: spain has cava, italy has prosecco…what can we call the CA bubbly?

somertimeoh
    Participant

I don’t care what it’s called, I just know that it helps me get real happy for $6.99.

Yeti22
    Participant

Isn’t there a limit on how many liquor stores you can put in one area? Is one getting shut down?

I have been to HoneyBee and Parsons&Stewart. The only problem I have with them is the cash only policy. I live 2 blocks away, so in the summer I walk to Parsons and then drink out of the brown bag in the alley on the way home. It adds to the shady experience. Kroger could possibly rob me of this.

turbo ninja
    Participant

The BD Kroger liquor store is open. I stopped in yesterday and picked up a bottle of Maker’s. I didn’t have time to browse much but it looked like a fairly typical state-store selection.

They wrapped it up in a brown paper bag and stapled it shut with the receipt showing on the outside so I could continue to shop as usual through the rest of the store.

They take plastic, which is a dangerous convenience for me. The extra step of having to get cash for liquor was just enough of a process that I’d go for beer or wine instead. Now it’s right there, as convenient as a bag of chips or a carton of eggs.

It’s open!!!!! 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday- Saturday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday.

JonMyers
    Participant

Noted, noted. Nice.

claw71

Yeti22 wrote >>
    Isn’t there a limit on how many liquor stores you can put in one area? Is one getting shut down?
    I have been to HoneyBee and Parsons&Stewart. The only problem I have with them is the cash only policy. I live 2 blocks away, so in the summer I walk to Parsons and then drink out of the brown bag in the alley on the way home. It adds to the shady experience. Kroger could possibly rob me of this.

There are some railroad tracks near that Kroger. You could do your shady drinking on them. Good times.

claw71

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Going to take me a little while to get used to that new configuration as some of the aisles you can’t walk all the way down anymore to the back of the store.

Nit-picking aside, HOORAY FOR LIQUOR!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Join us on July 22nd to experience the best that Columbus has to offer in the realm of healthy living, exercise and wellbeing!

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO & TICKETS