Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Brewer's Yard Kroger

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping Brewer's Yard Kroger

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Patch
    Participant

I was shopping yesterday at the Brewer’s Yard Kroger, and they are building a Liquor Store in the back near the Meat Section. Its supposed to be open by the end of the month.

I know this may come as a relief to those of us that live in the GV area and don’t enjoy shopping at the Parson’s Ave liquor store.

Cheers!

gk

Patch wrote >>
    I was shopping yesterday at the Brewer’s Yard Kroger, and they are building a Liquor Store in the back near the Meat Section. Its supposed to be open by the end of the month.
    I know this may come as a relief to those of us that live in the GV area and don’t enjoy shopping at the Parson’s Ave liquor store.
    Cheers!

Great news indeed!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Awesome!

HeySquare
    Participant

Oh that’s awesome.

jimbach
    Participant

I saw this too, and of course forgot to post anything about it (or mention it to anyone at all for that matter.)

chaptal
    Participant

That reduces a stop!

Core_Models

Very cool…although I never really have had an issue with the Parsons Ave store.

blammo
    Participant

Honey Bee on South High is a nice alternative to the Parsons Avenue store, if you enjoy drive through service or actually browsing through the booze before your purchase.

HeySquare
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>
    Very cool…although I never really have had an issue with the Parsons Ave store.

I don’t like it because they have everything locked up behind the counter, so you can’t really browse. You have to get the staff to fetch everything you want, can’t see the prices, and there is always an exasperated line of people behind you waiting for you to finish with the staff so they can get their pack of Marlboros and lottery ticket.

Core_Models

Yeah, I can see that. My needs are never that in depth, which is why it probably never bothered me.

SusanB
    Participant

+1 on The Honeybee. The owners are very nice and they run a tight ship. They are also responsive to their neighbors and the community.

HeySquare
    Participant

That’s because you are one of the exasperated people waiting for your pack :)

honavery

Awesome, this is great news!

the cruise director
    Participant

That makes my day! I never really liked going to the Parson’s Rd location, and usually drove to the one in Grandview.

mnoelleh

I work in the Brewery District and frequent this Kroger for lunch & shopping, so this makes me WAY happy :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION