Our City Online

Messageboard - Food & Drink Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Frezno has closed and will reopen as a new concept

Home Forums Events Food & Drink Events Frezno has closed and will reopen as a new concept

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Frezno is now doing a Buy One Get One Entree deal on Saturday’s Only! BOGO Pizzas, Tacos, Burgers and more! Come down to the Brewery District and check em out!

FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Frezno-Bar-and-Grill/130971583767033

Review: https://www.columbusunderground.com/restaurant-review-frezno-bar-grill-ma1

susank

Probably best to try it out on a Saturday with the BOGO. It has a confusing menu (pizza, calamari, jambalaya, burgers, pasta, short rib tacos ect) and they need to work out the bugs with supplies. I so want this place to work out.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Been a few times, had great food and an excellent time each visit.

tobyb

It is nice to have choices coming back to the brewery district. One of our clients offices is nearby so it is nice having a new place to drop into. One hurdle will be overcoming the lack of foot traffic in the area but hopefully word of mouth will bring people in.I should also give a shout out for Double Happiness.

I know it sounds boring but I always go for the burger and sp fries.

billbix

I had the shrimp and mussels and felt it was underwhelming. There is so much to try but I prefer a couple of solid choices to a shotgun menu. Does anyone know when White Rabbit is opening?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

susank said:
    It has a confusing menu (pizza, calamari, jambalaya, burgers, pasta, short rib tacos ect)

What’s confusing about it?

billbix said:
    Does anyone know when White Rabbit is opening?

Sometime in August: https://www.columbusunderground.com/white-rabbit-set-to-open-in-brewery-district-in-august-aw1

susank

Walker said:
    What’s confusing about it?

Confusing in a ‘why’ sort of way. It seemed to our group that the menu was all over the place in an almost random manner and they were out of various ingredients for some of the dishes. I don’t mind eclectic, but maybe a less convoluted menu would smooth things out?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Seems pretty consistent with what I remember the menu to be on High.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

susank said:
    I don’t mind eclectic, but maybe a less convoluted menu would smooth things out?

I didn’t really find the menu that confusing or complex. I’ve only been there a few times now, but managed to pick out a menu item and enjoy it without too much hassle. ;)

PS: The burger is quite good, IMHO.

leftovers

The BOGO will be good to try multiple dishes this month as we just had our first experience at Frezno (never been to the original). I understand what Susan is saying as our server told us several of the seafood dishes were not available when taking our order. As Walker mentioned the burger was pretty good as was the pizza. As a heads up I think they are only open for dinner on Saturdays. Since Freshstreet left I think Double Happiness across the street is having popup guest kitchens. Something also to look into when in the neighborhood.

cbus11

It makes me feel old but I remember hanging out there about a decade ago when it was Hagen’s (now Frezno), Gibby’s, Howl at the Moon, and Tommy Keegan’s. Hagen’s had a great beer selection for the time. The parking and atmosphere was similar to the SN or AD. I haven’t been to the BD to eat since McCaskey’s (sic?) closed.

I look forward to checking out Frezno. I am glad to see Kevin & Lori are stepping away from fast casual and getting back to their roots. This offer seems like a good reason to check them out. I hope they eventually open for Sunday brunch. That would be a nice plus.

Frezno

Thanks to all who came out last Saturday. See you for BOGO this Sat!

Frezno

Beautiful day. Abundant patio seating and BOGO. Come down to Brewers Alley tonite!

Frezno

Thanks to all who came out last week. Another beautiful day for outdoor dining in the Brewery District. Come down for BOGO Saturday from 4-11. Reservations and call aheads accepted 824-4367.

Frezno

2 Buy One Get One Saturdays left in August. Come down tonite for Scotty Levins’ last night bartending and another beautiful patio night.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

The forum ‘Food & Drink Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE