Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Fresh 50

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

A new fast casual Asian restaurant is opening in the former Spinelli’s spot at 50 North High Street. I got invited to their friends & family test run today to check it out. Pretty tasty stuff.

More details (along with the opening date) coming soon…

(pardon the blurry iphone photos)

Asch

Nice! My friend and I were saying that this needs to happen for all the cuisines after visiting Piada recently. Indian food next, I hope! ;)

hoppzor

asch, there’s an indian food chain in washington dc that’s doing this already… so now we just need a c-bus-er to franchise it :)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

This is just me talking out loud, but I’d love to see Fresh 50 offer a couple of prepared sushi options to go. Maybe just the basics… tuna rolls, salmon rolls… nothing fancy. ;)

I wandered in off the street – didn’t know it was friends/family only. But they totally served me which was very awesome.

I’m a bit confused by the concept. It was like, half Asian half Mexican (sour cream and cheese offered as toppings). But my rice bowl with Bulgogi beef and fixin’s was delicious.

As for Indian food, there is a chain with the Chipotle concept out in Chicago called Chutney Joe’s that is delicious. I would love to see a franchise in Columbus.

vijay

The food was delicious and fresh however, the line was little long when I get there. It was worth the wait. Its nice to see another lunch option downtown.

leftovers

Looks like something I will enjoy. That is a great location with a ton of lunch time foot traffic.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Pretty much every week I’m engaged in a conversation about the insane lack of Asian food (let alone sushi) in either Southern Downtown or particularly German/Merion Village. Rice Bowl and Happy Dragon aren’t cutting it.

Wish this was further south, but I’ll still check it out.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I still think this would be awesome downtown. Looking forward to checking out Fresh 50 for sure.
    http://www.eatfusian.com/

SusanB
    Participant

Core- Oodles on E. Main Street is good Asian and with vegan/vegetarian/brown rice options as well. Its only drawback is limited hours.

DavidF
    Participant

Siam used to be in GV. I got something from them pretty much every week. Was bummed when they closed down.

SusanB
    Participant

For takeout on the south side Eastern Wok in the Southland Mall isn’t too bad.

Anonymous
    Inactive

osulew said:
    I still think this would be awesome downtown. Looking forward to checking out Fresh 50 for sure.
    http://www.eatfusian.com/

Want.
    I think this would be a good fit in a vacant part of Yankee Trader.
    Just sayin’.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Fast-Casual Asian Restaurant Fresh 50 Opens Downtown Tomorrow
    By: Walker

Downtown Columbus will get a new dose of Asian cuisine this week when Fresh 50 opens their doors at 50 North High Street in the former Spinelli’s Deli location. This new concept is a spin on fast-casual with a simple menu of wraps, bowls and salad made with fresh ingredients. We spoke recently with owner Joseph Chen to find out more about the new restaurant, and you can read our Q&A below:

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/fast-casual-asian-restaurant-fresh-50-opens-downtown-tomorrow

lifeliberty
    Participant

went on Tuesday. My initial impression was that there didn’t seem like there was much selection and honestly, as I was walking back to the office I was expecting disappointment. I was impressed however. I got the bulgogi with rice and veggies and bulgogi sauce. it turned out very flavorful and seemed to be on the healthy side of dining. the portion size was good, not too much, not too little. I think the sauce really ties the dish together. I like how it soaks into the sticky rice and gives it flavor. I’d like to see some fish proteins, but that can be a little more difficult with controlling the bacteria populations.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: