Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Franklinton - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Franklinton – News & Updates

Viewing 7 posts - 331 through 337 (of 337 total)
  • Author

ohbr
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MichaelC wrote:</div>
    Scioto Peninsula Park.

I hope it is something better than just ‘Scioto Peninsula Park’.

For the low low price of a few million, It can probably be named whatever you want ;)

jbcmh81
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lbl wrote:</div>
    if this parking structure will be central to most of the peninsula, seems a bit short-sighted to only make it single story. why not dig a bit deeper and do 2 levels?

Probably Geology and Water Tables. Though we can hold back the Hudson River for skycrapers, it’s probably not cost effective to go through all that work for additional parking.

I too thought 600ish was a bit low for a fully developed peninsula but I think that at the worst, another one or two hidden along the tracks won’t be that bad as long as residential, office, etc is what faces outward.

I don’t think there is any way that this will be the only parking structure on the peninsula. I have every expectation that there will probably be at least a couple garages somewhere. If it was the only parking, I would worry about drastically reduced development plans, but I don’t think that’s the case.

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

A few other notes from the Meeting Minutes:

-Construction of the garage and park is currently scheduled to begin in late 2016.
    -The current budget for design-build services including all trade construction costs, design fees, soft costs and contingencies is approximately $34,000,000.

ohbr
    Participant

Is the project contingent on the $5 mil from the state or just a bonus if the project is awarded the funds?

WJT
    Participant

Why is all of the talk here about this in this Franklinton Thread and not the Scioto Peninsula development thread? The Scioto Peninsula is not in Franklinton, it is part of downtown. East of the tracks is downtown, west of the tracks is where Franklinton starts. Just strange there is a development thread for this exact areas and it is not being used.

just saying.

futureman
    Participant

I don’t think the garage being proposed is to directly aid development, but more about creating a permanent greenspace (or Park) that would make the neighboring land more appealing for developers. 620 parking spots isn’t that many – I would think that’s as many as COSI might need for itself. For perspective, the Columbus Commons has ~4,500 spaces between the underground and above ground garages.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Noticed that site clearing activities have begun today at the former Riverside Bradley complex.

Viewing 7 posts - 331 through 337 (of 337 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE