Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Franklinton - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Franklinton – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 337 total)
  • Author
    Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

i wasnt aware you guys were down there. i usually go to the sunbelt rentals on mound and use mound to head out west. i should take a look around there more often.

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

Yep. We are down there alright. Come check us out on Sunday Morning… 11 a/m your choice. But lets get back onto the subject :P

Fraknlinton will surely be helped by this redevelopment. Im glad its happening

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

I really like proposal number 4. Those building currently looked really old and an eyesore.

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

I think most buildings built before the flood are an eyesore. Broad Street needs a make over… and a big one at it, side walks cracked, shops look like drug dealerships. It looks bad, we need to change.

labi
    Participant

Chris Sherman wrote >>
    i can see that but its rarely the case in the warmer seasons. its an intimidation issue as well. thugs not moving for cars etc. i see it on a daily basis.

Don’t see that much here. Thankfully.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

labi wrote >>

Chris Sherman wrote >>
    i can see that but its rarely the case in the warmer seasons. its an intimidation issue as well. thugs not moving for cars etc. i see it on a daily basis.

4th st i have experienced it a bit.

labi
    Participant

labi
    Participant

Chris Sherman wrote >>

labi wrote >>

Chris Sherman wrote >>

Only by the D&J. Admittedly it’s particularly impressive there since traffic is usually moving about 40 mph.

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

To be honest I would like to see a street car run through franklinton, but yea that would never happen.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

labi wrote >>

Chris Sherman wrote >>

labi wrote >>

Chris Sherman wrote >>

Only by the D&J. Admittedly it’s particularly impressive there since traffic is usually moving about 40 mph.

hmmm i can count at least a dozen times in the past 10 or 12 years that i have had to practically stop and lay on the horn between 7th and 11th on 4th st. i just dont get it, the last thing i would want to do is wrestle with a 3000 pound car moving at 40mph. its happens every where.

cc

They know, and you know – your insurance rates will go up…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

This is all great news for Columbus and great news for Franklinton. Will be following up in a few weeks for a more indepth interview on these projects, so if anyone has any big questions, I’ll make sure to collect them prior. ;)

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

this may seem ridiculous but 400 is now on facebook

groundrules
    Participant

I was thinking about F-ton this week with all our swollen rivers. under what circumstances would they have to put up the flood gates? Any water issues there recently?

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

groundrules wrote >>
    I was thinking about F-ton this week with all our swollen rivers. under what circumstances would they have to put up the flood gates? Any water issues there recently?

dry as a bone. the only time the gates were shut was in dec of 2004 when the scioto was the highest it had ever been in recorded history. higher than 1913. it was weird to think that the river was rushing by less then half a mile away 18 feet above my head….. the flood gates would go up in stages like they did in 04. mckinley goes first, then it was greenlawn and harmon. 315 has automatic gates but they were not closed in 04. all the others have to be installed with a crane.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 337 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE