Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Franklin Park Trolley Barn

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Franklin Park Trolley Barn

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 276 total)
  • Author

JamesF
    Participant

Members of the community are encouraged to attend!

https://www.facebook.com/events/216325051866104/

JamesF
    Participant

JamesF said:
    Environmental Court Hearing re: 1610 Oak Street
    Monday, September 9, 2013 — 1:30pm
    Judge Daniel Hawkins presiding
    Courtroom 15c, 375 S. High Street

Open to the public

Please come out to demonstrate to the court that the community has spoken and the situation as it has continued is unacceptable!

JamesF
    Participant

In court for many hours. The most notable item was the intended use for the many truckloads of fill dirt that has recently been dumped onto the site. It was revealed that the dirt was intended to fill the mechanic wells and other pits on the site.

Today’s resolution: The City of Columbus (plaintiff) has reached an agreement with the defendant (Minnie M. McGee).

The City and the defendant agreed that the property is not in compliance and that the plaintiff (City of Columbus) is entitled to a judgment of $30,000.

The City and the defendant have agreed to a period of six months during which the defendant is to sell the property.

The defendant will immediately place the property on the MLS at an asking price of $500,000.

The piles of dirt brought into the property will remain and will not be moved.

If after 6 months (concluding date being March 4, 2014) the property is not sold, the plaintiff (City of Columbus) will be entitled to collect on the judgment of $30,000 in any manner that it chooses. The costs of collecting on the judgment are to be borne by the defendant.

The agreement stipulates the defendant withdraw appeals related to the case.

The running fines of $250/day cease as of 9/9/2013.

The Plaintiff shall only collect on the judgment if the property is not sold per the agreement.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

I have said it before and I will say it again…

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

At the risk of creating the ultimate CU firestorm, it occurs to me this might be an ideal site for Wonderland, assuming they really are going to move forward.

romanh
    romanh
    Participant

+1

ChrisSunami said:
    At the risk of creating the ultimate CU firestorm, it occurs to me this might be an ideal site for Wonderland, assuming they really are going to move forward.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I like and respect the people involved in Wonderland, but at this point, I don’t want to hear the name unless its after they’ve closed a deal completely. No more speculative stuff.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Sounds damn lenient. No one is touching that place at $500k…where does that number even come from??

More bullshit delay and “let’s see.”

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Yeah, I thought that price seemed awfully high too…not to mention, that would allow Minnie to make a 116% profit on it…are you kidding me?!?

Graybeak
    Participant

C’mon. How often does real estate ever actually sell for the “asking price”?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Graybeak said:
    C’mon. How often does real estate ever actually sell for the “asking price”?

No one is suggesting it will, but listing price determines interest which determines offers. Pricing a property way outside the realm of reality means no one will even look at it seriously.

Coy
    Participant

ChrisSunami said:

JamesF
    Participant

Graybeak
    Participant

goldenidea
    Participant

It’s a whole lot easier to buy neat old buildings than to fix them up.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 276 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: