Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Franklin County Property Value Update 2014

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Franklin County Property Value Update 2014

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

If you live in Franklin County, you should be getting (or already got) a letter in the mail with an adjustment to your property values. According to the Dispatch, home values have increased across the board by 1%, but of course, YMMV from neighborhood to neighborhood and home to home.

You can look up your value online electronically, here:

http://www.dispatch.com/content/pages/data/government-politics/property-values/index.html

Anyone want to share their stories of increase/decrease?

Up about 10%. Not thrilled, but not protesting about it either, though the taxes are now higher than the rent I was paying pre-home-ownership.

joev
    Participant

Up 12.5%, but still pretty far below actual value. More than fair.

DouginCMH
    Participant

Up 10% in my part of Clintonville. Yikes.

It’s not necessarily unfair for us, however, in that we bought right at the bottom of the market, and were able to lock in that low amount when this revaluation was done three years ago. Still, 10% is 10%.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Ours is actually down 5%, which is nice for tax-paying purposes. We’re not looking to sell anytime soon, so we’re not too worried about that.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

6% this year, with a total of 13% since we purchased our home three years ago. Apparently all of the development going on in Italian Village is making a significant impact.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Up 5% here, can’t complain.

evantyler
    Participant

Down 5% for me.

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

Up 10% here in Grandview. Not necessarily out of bounds, but I think if I tried to sell today that would be a best case scenario price.

Serious question – now that I have a little paper equity, can I get my bank to drop my mortgage insurance? According to the auditor, I’m over that magic 20% now.

Heathercat42
    Heathercat42
    Participant

6% drop on this end. Fine by me, I bought it lower than it last estimated for anyway.

whopper jr
    whopper jr
    Participant

Assessment is up 9% in Clintonville but still 18% less than we paid last year.

kmg67
    Participant

1% increase for us. We’re in Clintonville.

peter
    Participant

No change for me. However, the school board has filed to DOUBLE (yes, double) my property’s valuation. So, I’ve got that coming which is pleasant.

A161830
    Participant

Up 10% on my home in UA but still assessed $40k less than what we paid less than two years ago.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

I’d check with a banker but, my understanding is that the PMI is based on the loan amount, not the property evaluation. So to drop the PMI you still need to pay back 20% of the original loan.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: