Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Fox in the Snow Cafe

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Fox in the Snow Cafe

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Inconspicuous Italian Village cafe offers coffee, homemade baked goods
    By GARY SEMAN JR.
    Tuesday November 11, 2014 8:43 PM

Open just two weeks, Fox in the Snow Cafe didn’t even have a sign. Or a working phone number. And yet, people seemed to find the new spot in Italian Village. Jeff Excell, who owns the place with his girlfriend, Lauren Culley, said he thinks he has an answer: great coffee and homemade baked goods.

READ MORE: http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/2014/11/13/tabletalk.html

OneBagTravel
    Participant

I brought a group of friends there opening weekend and we had a blast. Great food and drinks.

I got the fancy pants pop tart

News
    Participant

Restaurant Review: Fox in the Snow Cafe
    March 5, 2015 7:00 am – Miriam Bowers Abbott

Italian Village is well on its way to gentrification. Although gentrification itself has been a controversial subject of late, there is reason to rejoice when it comes to expanded eating opportunities. In Italian Village, the process includes a Fourth Street stop called Fox in the Snow, and there you can score a good doughnut for three bucks.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/restaurant-review-fox-in-the-snow-cafe-ma1

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

This reminds me. Does anyone know who owns the land directly adjacent to Fox in the Snow? If you’re looking at FitS from the street, it’s on the left. It seems like some prime realty.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Joe Armeni owns it. Last I heard, he had plans to build a 3-story building there. When you start sniffing around IV, you quickly realize that about 3 people own all of the available land in the area. Armeni is one of them. He’s building the new single family homes on 3rd Ave currently. And he’s also rehabbing the church on 6th st.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Joe Armeni owns it. Last I heard, he had plans to build a 3-story building there. When you start sniffing around IV, you quickly realize that about 3 people own all of the available land in the area. Armeni is one of them. He’s building the new single family homes on 3rd Ave currently. And he’s also rehabbing the church on 6th st.

MORE INFO: http://www.columbusunderground.com/joe-armeni-on-30-years-of-rehabs-and-new-builds-in-the-short-north-bw1

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: