Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Four-Story Mixed-Use Parking Garage in Italian Village

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Four-Story Mixed-Use Parking Garage in Italian Village

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Mixed-Use Parking Garage Building Proposed in Italian Village
    September 4, 2015 3:26 pm – Walker Evans

According to the Historic Commission Review Application submitted to the City of Columbus, the new parking garage building would contain a total of 244 spaces, with 125 said to be allocated for public use. The garage would contain five floors of parking, with the lower level below street grade.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/new-short-north-parking-garage

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

The drawings look good. I especially like the integration of residential plus and addition retail space.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

I love how they plan to extend retail off of High Street. It makes it feel a little more organic when you can step off of High Street and discover a great place off the beaten path, i.e. Tasi.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Agreed on the retail space. Good spot for a “hidden gem” that is not actually too hidden. ;)

Nancy H
    Participant

Like the fact that it is not one big chunk of same. That lot originally held 3 big houses, so breaking up the elevations keeps it from being domineering. The retail on the corner and apartments above are a simplified interpretation of any number of old mom and pop shop buildings still sprinkled around the neighborhood. The turret windows on the front are a nice detail taken from 50 Lincoln (B&B) immediately to the east. Very complimentary to the older buildings without being fake old. The more modern treatment on the west elevations removes all doubt about this building’s age.

Wish we had a site plan and some elevations in context with the neighboring buildings.

I mentioned elsewhere that 50 Lincoln is huge, with a very high roof. The other houses are not as tall. It will be hard to get past the neighbors and IVC if it tops the height of 50 Lincoln.

A site plan would be nice to see the Lincoln Street setback. The houses on Lincoln set fairly close to the street, but they will want the Lincoln side of this to line up with the houses. Doubt they would get any support for building to the lotline on Lincoln.

I can’t imagine the rooftop terrace surviving the review process. Maybe for the penthouse, but not the common area one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: