Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Maki Go! - Closed

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Maki Go! – Closed

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Stopped in a few minutes ago to get some lunch to go and try it out. Great stuff! Picked up a salmon wrap, tuna wrap and a custom “veggie” wrap. There’s a limited selection today for the trial run, but everything was high quality and tasted fresh. Can’t wait to come back and try some of the expanded menu options soon!

colummmbus

Thanks to everyone who’s stopped by! It’s been really exciting and so happy the response has been great! We’ll be open for the rest of the week =D

Was hoping to try them for lunch today, but was confused when I didn’t see their shop anywhere near Tim Horton’s. It was only after I had already purchase lunch from Potbelly’s that I realized they are located inside the Bistro 8 space. A little (more?) signage would go a long way. Anyhow, looking forward to trying it later this week.

OSURob
    Participant

I just picked up a Giant Spicy Tuna roll for lunch. I had white rice, avaocado, onion, and cucumber wrapped in seaweed with their special sauce on the side. Very good value and filling for lunch. It went great with my CaJohn’s Ghost Pepper sauce! Next time I may ask them to cut my wrap in more pieces instead of just half, it kind was hard to hold during the final bites. All in all, great food and welcome to the block!

colummmbus

MatthewRusso said:
    Was hoping to try them for lunch today, but was confused when I didn’t see their shop anywhere near Tim Horton’s. It was only after I had already purchase lunch from Potbelly’s that I realized they are located inside the Bistro 8 space. A little (more?) signage would go a long way. Anyhow, looking forward to trying it later this week.

I totally agree! Our little paper signs not quite eye catching enough haha. We’re just waiting for city approval before we can take down the old awnings to replace it with our own. Sorry about the confusion though!

OSURob said:
    I just picked up a Giant Spicy Tuna roll for lunch. I had white rice, avaocado, onion, and cucumber wrapped in seaweed with their special sauce on the side. Very good value and filling for lunch. It went great with my CaJohn’s Ghost Pepper sauce! Next time I may ask them to cut my wrap in more pieces instead of just half, it kind was hard to hold during the final bites. All in all, great food and welcome to the block!

Thanks Robert! We can definitely cut it more pieces upon request next time and I think you’ll love our “Salsa Karai” when we phase it in. It’s a pickled Habanero and daikon concoction!

News
    Participant

Maki Go: New Downtown Restaurant Open for Lunch
    Published on February 26, 2013 12:25 pm
    By: Ayana Wilson

When Cafe Lola closed last summer, downtowners expected the opening of Bistro 8 to fill the Broad Street spot, a sandwich and panini joint offering fresh made wraps and salads. That venture never quite got off the ground, and on Monday, February 25th, Maki Go had a soft opening instead. This exciting new concept is one desperately needed in the lunch scene. Here, customers can essentially make their own sushi rolls from a vast variety of ingredients.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/maki-go-new-downtown-restaurant-open-for-lunch-aw1

News
    Participant

Maki Go
    13 MARCH 2013

Maki Go is a new build-your-own sushi roll spot in Downtown Columbus. They have been operating under soft open status for the past week. Like most sushi restaurants, there are a limited number of vegetarian options. By allowing customers to customize ingredients in the sushi, however, Maki Go is an easy choice for vegetarian and vegan diners.

READ MORE: http://deraj1013.blogspot.com/2013/03/maki-go.html

colummmbus

Just wanted let everyone know we’re now open Saturday’s lunch… noon-4pm… hope to see you out here :D

News
    Participant

Via FB:

Unfortunately, the rumors of our demise our sadly true. I just want to take the time to thank everyone for the love and support this past year. It has been an absolute pleasure and joy spending our lunches together. I’d be remiss if I didn’t at least try to give a thank you to each and every one of you. I’m not really good with names, but always had a nickname or knew what your order was.

So in no particular order, off the top of my head, and super sorry if I missed anyone….

Roland, Ling, Rea, Justin, Lexi, Lori, Erica, Ariel, Rachel, Tony, Martin, Ethan, & Sarah. Miss Lori & friends. Nashon? (Crab bowl, roll any way you like it. Art, Chelsie, Angie & crew. Avery! & friends, Thomas, Douglas, and Michael. Steph, Kent, and Jason. Betsy and Jeanie. Jennifer & all awesome Franklin County employees. Drew (congrats on the engagement). Steve and Missy (2016!!!) Shannon & friends. Mary & BC gals. The BFFs (soy/tuna). Mr. Anderson. Lee and Deb. Kristina and Will. Liz. Salmon and avocado Jon. CCAD girls. Zach and Capital Law. Huntington Bank bowl gals. HR ladies (No mayo, where’s the steak, & always something new). Crab and everything that will fit lady. Carly! & friends. Chris. Sweet potato and tofu lady. Long Street Collective. Lookhuman.com. Tuna bowl brown rice guys. Super cool COTA bus driver. Mini bowl and extra tofu miso soup. Sweet blonde tuna roll. Erin and Mackenzie. Sarah and mom (good luck this season!). Comets safety and rb. Double chicken and sriracha. Double tuna Elmer glue. Crossfit Robin. Ohiohealth chicken rollers. Monday morning chicken and steak ladies. Tuna and tofu roll (hope enjoy your vacation!) City of Columbus parking meter (I have so many tickets to remember you by). Sean & Naoto-San. Austin full meal lady. Consultant group (TX, NYC). Flower girl. Everyone who like us on FB and Yelp!!! Caroline (39 below great froyo). David the mayor! Jill (you jinxed us). Buddy (OHCCP?). Veggie bowl, all the salsa lady. CSI attorney lady. Broke my foot and got a new microwave. Andre and everyone upstairs (weiler). Jeremy and Christopher. Yavonne and hubby. Jim upstairs. Charles, Walker, and columbusunderground.com. The Navigators. MaowC Photography. Janika. Megan and Morgan. Edwin and Diana. Ronnell and Marti.

There’s many more I know I’ve forgotten but thank you as always. Please remember to add and like us on Facebook and we’ll be sure to keep you updated ;)

-Jack Chantharangsy

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: