Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Maki Go! - Closed

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Maki Go! – Closed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

colummmbus

We’re excited to launch a new exciting restaurant downtown in the former Cafe Lola space! This fast casual concept is designed to bring something new and fresh our downtown lunch folks.

Create your own maki (roll) with choices ranging from Spicy Ahi Tuna, Fresh Salmon, Honey Soy Chicken, to Grilled Tofu! Romaine, cucumbers, and avocado, fresh salsas, and tempura crunch! Sauce it up with Spicy Mayo, Wasabi Dressing, and our own “maki go” Sauce! Finish it up with a side of edamame, seaweed salad, or hot cup of miso soup!

We would like to invite all columbusunderground.com members to check us out This Sunday, the 24th, 12pm-3pm for a sneak preview! We’re tentatively scheduled to soft open this Monday (25th) and Grand Opening to follow according. So please stop by and check us out!

heresthecasey
    Participant

Nice to see that space getting filled so quickly.

And sounds like an interesting concept, will have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

zp945
    Participant

Congrats! Sounds like it could do well offering a different choice downtown.

What happened to Bistro 8?

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

colummmbus said:
    We would like to invite all columbusunderground.com members to check us out This Sunday, the 24th, 12pm-3pm for a sneak preview! We’re tentatively scheduled to soft open this Monday (25th) and Grand Opening to follow according. So please stop by and check us out!

I might just take you up on this :D

colummmbus

Bistro 8 was a sandwich and panini shop that never really got off the ground. We really took a look the downtown area and realized that we really should bring something different here. So we took some time, to really develop an idea and came up with this.

Definitely excited about this! We’ll be here all week prepping and cleaning, but please feel free to stop by and check it out. Always fun to have visitors during the day.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Welcome to the neighborhood! :D

geoyui
    Participant

colummmbus said:
    This fast casual concept is designed to bring something new and fresh our downtown lunch folks.

+1

Welcome!!!

colummmbus

Walker said:
    Welcome to the neighborhood! :D

geoyui said:
    +1

Welcome!!!

Thanks guys!

Ayana Wilson
    Ayana Wilson
    Participant

Thanks for the invite colummmbus! I am so going to be there on Sunday!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Is this similar to the concept of Fusian?

If so, PUT ALL OF THE SUSHI IN MY FACE. Thanks :)

geoyui
    Participant

osulew said:

I think they are, and I’m glad to see them in two separate areas that could use them.

colummmbus

Ayana Wilson said:
    Thanks for the invite colummmbus! I am so going to be there on Sunday!

Look forward to seeing you there! The Sunday preview will have an abbreviated serving menu, however full menu will be up for display so you can get an idea of what we’re trying to do here :)

osulew said:

geoyui said:
    I think they are, and I’m glad to see them in two separate areas that could use them.

I just checked them out, our concepts are actually quite similar! I thought we’d be the first kinda place here, but hey, you can never have too much sushi, right? Especially in the Downtown area!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

There is no such thing as too much sushi. No. Such. Thing. Looking forward to checking you guys out ASAP! :)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

colummmbus said:
    …but hey, you can never have too much sushi, right? Especially in the Downtown area!

+1

Until Zen Cha started offering it recently, there was nowhere to get sushi around Broad & High. I think we could use a few places for variety! :D

colummmbus

Hope to see you some you out here tomorrow! We’ll be serving tuna, salmon, and tofu! With a few of our salsas and sauces!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: