Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

For Great Japanese Cuisine And Grocers, Head To Central Ohio

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion For Great Japanese Cuisine And Grocers, Head To Central Ohio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

Here’s a nice little NPR story on Japanese restaurants and grocers in Columbus.

For her, some items she remembers from Japan are just better than common American fare. Becker mentions cuts of meat or fish, vegetables, even kitchen items such as a certain kind of sponge.

And because of these preferences, Becker likes to stock up on Japanese products when she can. And a prime place to do that, believe it or not, is Columbus, Ohio.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/05/11/476198119/a-surprising-japanese-presence-in-central-ohio

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I used to live about 1/2 mile from there, it’s fun shopping. They are behind the Staples, on the north side of the mall.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Japanese sunscreen is also high tech, it’s not oily and doesn’t make you sweat. I don’t understand how they figured this out and no one else has.

ImNotaStar
    Participant

Is it me or had tensuke gotten insanely popular over the past few years? Like when u go for lunch u have to put ur name on a list in order to get a table now. Good for them, just super packed.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I like shopping the mysterious sauces along the back wall where the only English information is printed in impossibly small type on a label slapped on to the back of the bottle. You have to go by the illustration on the label showing an intended use like gyoza or sashimi.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!