Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Campus Pitt Stop - Food Truck Pod at Kenny and Lane

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining The Campus Pitt Stop – Food Truck Pod at Kenny and Lane

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

At Bruce Taylor’s store at W. Lane Avenue and Kenny Road, he offers everything from convenience-store goods and U-Haul truck rentals to auto repair.Now he has added a pavilion so food trucks can congregate at Campus Pitt Stop, 868 W. Lane Ave.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2012/05/26/food-trucks-congregate-at-kenny-and-lane.html

leftovers

Will have to head over there today. Pretty cool to have a pod closer to campus. The mom&pop nature of this one appeals to me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There appears to be no overhead to pass onto customers/cut into vendor’s profits. I guess that means no amenities either, but I usually bring truck food home or to work, where I can enjoy the beverage of my choice, anyway.

FoodFort
    Participant

This is a good spot. The amenities issue is tricky – it can depend on who owns the amenity. Current interpretation is that trucks, carts and trailers can not have chairs, stools, tables, etc., outside or associated with their business….but if another business nearby owns them and customers just happen to walk over there….no problem.

This is a good mix of vendors so I think this spot will do well over time.

mrpoppinzs

FoodFort said:
    This is a good spot. The amenities issue is tricky – it can depend on who owns the amenity. Current interpretation is that trucks, carts and trailers can not have chairs, stools, tables, etc., outside or associated with their business….but if another business nearby owns them and customers just happen to walk over there….no problem.

This is a good mix of vendors so I think this spot will do well over time.

That seems like a rule that should be changed. As long as the ‘amenities’ aren’t blocking a public right of way it doesn’t seem it should be an issue. Does this have more to do with protectionism for b&ms?

News
    Participant

Food Truck Partnership Now Includes Delivery from The Campus Pitt Stop
    Published on April 16, 2013 8:00 am
    By: Ayana Wilson

Stacey’s 5 Dollar Hollar owner Marquan Moorehead fancies himself a multi-faceted entrepreneur, able to navigate the tricky business of food truck ownership while still looking for the next big thing. He believes he’s found it.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/food-truck-partnership-now-includes-delivery-from-the-campus-pitt-stop-aw1

FoodFort
    Participant

mrpoppinzs said:
    That seems like a rule that should be changed. As long as the ‘amenities’ aren’t blocking a public right of way it doesn’t seem it should be an issue. Does this have more to do with protectionism for b&ms?

It is a zoning issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!