Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Food Challenges in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Food Challenges in Columbus?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

There are TONS of food challenges around here, I’ll try to list everything I can think of.

1. “Don’t Choke” chili challenge at West Side Beefery. If you can drink or eat 64 oz. of their chili you get a free 32 oz. chili tub to take home. No picking out beans and if you choke you automatically lose. That’s why they say don’t choke.

2. Finish the XXL fries at Potato World and they give you a football made of potato skin instead of pig skin. You might say “that’s not fun” but food isn’t about fun. It’s about nutrition.

3. Tim Hortons. It’s not an official challenge but if you bring in a cardboard box you can reach behind the counter and grab as many donuts as you can fit in the box before they grab your hand or yell “stop.” They put your picture on the wall like the other challenges though.

DCist

Hang over easy diner on campus has a massive plate o’ breakfast food challenge, not sure of the details tho.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

drewtoothpaste said:
    There are TONS of food challenges around here, I’ll try to list everything I can think of.

1. “Don’t Choke” chili challenge at West Side Beefery. If you can drink or eat 64 oz. of their chili you get a free 32 oz. chili tub to take home. No picking out beans and if you choke you automatically lose. That’s why they say don’t choke.

2. Finish the XXL fries at Potato World and they give you a football made of potato skin instead of pig skin. You might say “that’s not fun” but food isn’t about fun. It’s about nutrition.

3. Tim Hortons. It’s not an official challenge but if you bring in a cardboard box you can reach behind the counter and grab as many donuts as you can fit in the box before they grab your hand or yell “stop.” They put your picture on the wall like the other challenges though.

The Tim Horton’s one includes the free car ride and overnight stay in fabulous downtown Columbus as well, right? ;)

Roy Walger

I want to thank everyone for posting all these Columbus restaurant eating challenges. I run a website devoted to featuring restaurant food challenges and we rely heavily on local people like you to find restaurants to feature. We have featured Joseppi’s before http://bestfoodchallenges.com/joseppis-pizza-mega-meat-challenge/%5B/url%5D, but you have given us leads to hopefully feature many other Columbus restaurants.

geoyui
    Participant

I think Otani’s has a sushi eating challenge. Standard california rolls I believe.

foxforcefive
    Participant

twomaddogs said:
    We at Two Mad Dogs have a challenge The Two Mad Dogs challenge , can you be the first to complete it? 30 minutes to eat a one pound dog covered in chili and 5 toppings, 24oz soft serve, 32 oz drink 1 pound fries covered in nacho cheese and Two whole kosher pickles!
    More here link

I did the Two Mad Dogs challenge…and I think it might be impossible. It’s a lotta food, in a short amount of time. Good food though!

There’s also a pancake challenge up at Gena’s Restaurant in Westerville. It was tough because the pancakes are the size of hubcaps and just about as dense. Good stuff though.

Jman4ever
    Participant

I do know that Neighbor’s Deli on Henderson has their mammoth sandwich challenge.

Also, Acme Sausage on Cleveland Ave. Has one as well.

Max & Erma’s was considering a double garbage burger challenge, but thought better of it.

News
    Participant

Unusual Eats: Tweeters Wing Challenge
    Published on November 28, 2013 8:00 am
    By: Miriam Bowers Abbott

The challenge at Tweeters Chicken Crib doesn’t really test sheer quantity or speed, it tests endurance. And maybe crazy. No, not “maybe”, it definitely tests crazy.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/unusual-eats-tweeters-wing-challenge-ma1

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION