Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Food Carts in Clintonville

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Food Carts in Clintonville

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • Author

Over a dozen liquor permits were granted a few yrs back for C-vill. So WTF? Sounds like some developers can’t get their xxxx off the ground.

meltsintowonder said:
    How do you figure? There are three sites which were granted liquor permits quite a while back that are sitting empty. Northstar opened up recently on what was a long vacant lot that sat for years with a beer (and I think wine) license.
    Honestly, I think that most of Clintonville people just aren’t go-out-to-eat people.
    And +1 on Walker’s take.

Exactly my point, you’re naming 3 specific sites in Clintonville. I think that would quailify as a limit on alcohol. My thing is that Cville would benefit from having a few blocks that each had 2-3 restaurants. To achieve that I think they would all need to serve liquor. I get your point on Northstar, but honestly NS is a pretty specialized restaurant and it’s not like there’s a bar in there. I doubt much of their business relys on alcohol sales.

The sites approved for alcohol (not necessarily a license) were owned by a developer looking into getting other businesses into their spaces, but if you have to go through a ballot to get a liquor license, it’s easier to take business elsewhere. It’s less risky to get a lease in another area with no licenses and then just buy one on the open market. So the scenario is an example of why things aren’t right for bringing in more restaurants and bars to Clintonville.

So are you running for CAC, Dan, or are you going to continue complain from the sidelines?

danhickman said:
    Yay! Rabble rousing:
    Take Back the CAC on Facebook

sarahb
    Participant

itinerantfoodie said:
    I’ve decided to run for CAC, as the better food businesses candidate. I only have four requirements to start this move into public office:

1. No one can say or think mean things about me.
    2. No one can look into my history. (Especially my late teens and early twenties.)
    3. Someone else has to raise my campaign money.
    4. No public speaking.

Please do run! I will be your campaign manager!!!

ssnyder5

The Booster reports on the growing variety of food trucks in Clintonville.

Variety of food trucks find fans among hungry Clintonville residents
    http://www.columbuslocalnews.com/articles/2011/10/05/the_booster/news/bofoodtruc_20111003_0410pm_4.txt

I’m glad Yerba Buena found another location in the neighborhood. I really hope they don’t have the same kind of issues at their new location.

I just tried The Coop last night. Fantastic food and they had PawPaw Smoothies!

Graybeak
    Participant

I swear I just read somewhere a notice about a meeting in Clintonville to discuss food trucks, that sounded to me like an attempt to regulate them out of the neighborhood. But I cannot for the life of me find it now. Perhaps you saw it, and can like to it here…

ssnyder5

drew
    Participant

Clintonville has truly been one of the most consistently disappointing neighborhoods in the city, to me.

I hope that the outcome of this meeting gives me reason to feel differently.

joev
    Participant

drew said:
    Clintonville has truly been one of the most consistently disappointing neighborhoods in the city, to me.

I hope that the outcome of this meeting gives me reason to feel differently.

I agree 100%. It’s a fairly fun-less zone, because for whatever reason, the people there must not enjoy fun.

Cookie

joev said:
    I agree 100%. It’s a fairly fun-less zone, because for whatever reason, the people there must not enjoy fun.

Sounds like someone’s never been to our Hustler store.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What is the most fun spot in Clintonville? Living south of there I have no desire to go north except for shopping.
    IMO the most fun spot is my friend Steve’s house.

bob.os
    Participant

ssnyder5 said:
    Graybeak, I think this is the article you are looking for.
    http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/clintonville/news/2012/07/17/meetings-on-block-watch-food-trucks-set.html

Interesting that there has been so little publicity about this meeting. Blazer is known to be a Team DeFourny member, so assuming that he’s anti-food truck (and possibly anti-fun!) wouldn’t be a stretch.

The article says the meeting is Thursday the 26th. Is anyone going?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I forgot about The Coop. I can’t endorse it enough. Cliffside is north of Arcadia, so it is in Clintonville, right?

cheap

you have a group of people in Clintonville that believe appearance and behavior in their area should be uniform.

wait a minute,that’s the snobs that bitched about the building being built at 5th & high.

hell,i cant keep track of all the nosey meddling mf’ers in this town now.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Keep your insults to yourself. You’re contributing nothing of value to this discussion.

bob.os
    Participant

0Angle said:
    I forgot about The Coop. I can’t endorse it enough. Cliffside is north of Arcadia, so it is in Clintonville, right?

Durn tootin’

Special credit to anyone old enough to know the original tenant of the building where the Coop parks.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!