Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Flip Side Burger Restaurant Coming to Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Flip Side Burger Restaurant Coming to Columbus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • Author

takeasiesta

I want to go to there… aww it’s at Easton? On the “flip side” they are open until midnight on Friday and Saturday. Hmm…

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I don’t really have a problem with it being at Easton, but I’d love to see them open another central Ohio location.

takeasiesta

Mister Shifter said:
    I don’t really have a problem with it being at Easton, but I’d love to see them open another central Ohio location.

It makes sense to open up a location there since it’s going to see a lot of traffic. I’m just not a fan of suburbia or malls. *shudder*

I am happy that they have some late hours. As a night owl, I can definitely appreciate that. Easton for the most part shuts down around 10pm so this is a smart move by them to be open later than most places.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Made it out here yesterday for lunch. Tried the Chili Pepper Burger (Pickled jalapeno / pepper jack cheese / crispy chili onion rings / smoked chili ketchup). Pretty solid burger, but not as spicy as I imagined it. Our group split some fries & chips, both of which were really good.

Will definitely eat here again. :D

Bear
    Participant

Anne said:
    The place definitely smelled like new leather!

When I went, it smelled more like cow. There was a prominent beefy funk that I actually found pretty unpleasant. The burger was fine, but the atmosphere was a big minus. Could’ve been a rarity. I’d try it again.

ricospaz
    Participant

Bear said:
    When I went, it smelled more like cow. There was a prominent beefy funk that I actually found pretty unpleasant. The burger was fine, but the atmosphere was a big minus. Could’ve been a rarity. I’d try it again.

Maybe they had just killed a cow? ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I didn’t really notice any unpleasant smells when I was there on Friday. Hopefully an anomaly. Would love to see them open another location closer to home, but definitely worth stopping in when out at Easton IMHO.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The scent of leather vs. the scent of cow took me back to Florence. Amazing steaks and beautiful, sturdy, relatively affordable shoes. If only they could both come from the same creature…

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Walker was at a mall with chain retail.

(don’t try to pull the we only went in the all local shop, I know your tricks)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

vestanpance said:
    Walker was at a mall with chain retail.

I think you’re mixing me up with some other urban/local/anti-mall extremists.

I’m all for supporting local shops and such, but to do so 24/7 is unrealistic.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Walker said:
    I think you’re mixing me up with some other urban/local/anti-mall extremists.

I’m all for supporting local shops and such, but to do so 24/7 is unrealistic.

I was actually just making a joke. I went to Polaris on saturday and had a good time. (the horror!)

Rockmastermike
    Participant

ricospaz said:
    Maybe they had just killed a cow? ;)

FRESH!

Reminds me of this place: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/mels-char-palace/2725

Twixlen
    Participant

I ate here yesterday with some pals – and I thought it was good, but not amazing. There weren’t any offputting smells out on the patio (which is very nice) – so I can’t speak to that. But service was weird – I’m mostly pinning it on our individual server, who seemed a little lost and confused at various times.

We had the kobe beef corn dogs (pet peeve: I wish people would stop labeling things as kobe – kobe isn’t sold in the states. We have Wagyu, which is kobe-style), and they were great. The breading was perfect and the hot dog was beefy.

The three burgers were Shawn’s Burger, One Red Door Burger, and the Laughing Bird Shrimp Burger. Out of the three, I actually liked the shrimp burger the best – it had awesome texture and flavor – the tomato jam was the perfect accompaniment. The beefy burgers were good, but honestly not as smack-me-in-the-face-with-beefitude as I’d anticipated. I much prefer the StuDaBurger from Knead for awesome beefiness. Or even Johnny’s burger.

The sweet potato fries are indeed excellent – clearly fresh-made, super crisp outside and creamy on the inside. The regular fries were good, but I’m betting they’re very, very good with the mushroom gravy. That’s for next time.

They have a good selection of beer and I appreciate their commentment to Ohio products. I’d likely try some of their not-beef offerings next time – I definitely want to try their veggie burger.

hajames66
    Participant

I don’t recommend the veggie burger. My wife tried it and it was not very good. Strange tasting and hard to eat.

The grouper is very good. The sweet potato fries are the best I’ve had in town along with Northstar’s.

tolemac5050
    Participant

Columbus Monthly 2/2012 (Best Restaurant Issue)…mention of FLIP SIDE opening at Easton, with mention of a downtown location in the future…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.