Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Flip Side at Easton Town Center

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Flip Side at Easton Town Center

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Dang, some of those burgers sound great. I’m going to go on Friday. I’m guessing I’ll have trouble picking which one I want.

Cugwon

Mister Shifter said:
    Dang, some of those burgers sound great. I’m going to go on Friday. I’m guessing I’ll have trouble picking which one I want.

Did you try it yesterday? If so, how were the burgers? I’ve been meaning to go try it, but haven’t yet.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

There have been a few replies on this thread since Friday that somehow are missing or were deleted accidentally. Weird.

I posted about my trip to Flip Side on Friday. It was great. I’m too lazy to type it all out again though.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Not missing… there are two threads…

Flip Side Burger Restaurant Coming to Columbus

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Oh cool. I was confused. My bad.

Cugwon

Walker said:
    Not missing… there are two threads…

Flip Side Burger Restaurant Coming to Columbus

Thanks.

Based on that review, now I definitely MUST try it.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

You should, it’s pretty damn good. I’m heading back again this week for sure. That “Red Door Burger” with melted brie, shallots & date applewood bacon aloi is calling me.

scottlitch
    Participant

I went for the soft opening and I must say the burgers are delicious. My girlfriend and I decided to eat at the bar. We started with the tasty Tempura Asparagus. For the entree we split an order of fries and I had the Flipside Burger, which was very good. My girlfriend had the Curry Lamb Burger which was amazing. Finished it off by splitting a Chef’s Shake. Great beer on tap. Cool atmosphere. We will be back.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I finally checked Flip Side out last weekend. The weather was FANTASTIC Sunday so we sat on the patio. Our server, Jim, was super attentive and offered good suggestions. I started with a BLT Bloody Mary which had house-infused Applewood Smoked Bacon Vodka and Spicy Bloody Mary Mix. It was served up instead of on the rocks like most bloody marys which was kind of nice as it didn’t get watery. The mix was one of few that are spicy enough for me and had loads of horseradish which is my favorite part of a good bloody mary. Although the fries are definitely big enough to split, we got both the sweet potato fries and the house made chips. Both were great. The fries had a mustard horseradish dipping sauce and the chips had a yogurt blue cheese dressing on them. My boyfriend had the flipside burger. I didn’t try it because he orders his burgers medium well. Blech. :) I had the forrester burger (Wild mushrooms / caramelized onions /
    crispy shiitake mushroom / truffle aioli) and added swiss per our server’s recommendation. I ordered it rare, and I have to say that it is probably my #2 or #3 fave burger in the city now. They managed to get some nice char on the edges, but the center was cool and bloody. :) The quality of the meat was really nice.

As much as Easton makes me homicidal, this place is definitely worth the trip. It satisfies my B-Spot cravings for sure…and it’s possible that I might like it a smidge better. (if only flipside would get a pickle bar…)

woofman
    Participant

I ate there in the last week or so, I don’t eat red meat so I tried the chicken philly. It was so-so, I’ve never had a philly-style sandwich (chicken or otherwise) where they serve a whole chicken breast, instead of chopped up meat. It wasn’t bad by any means, just not as tasty as some others I’ve had. I also had a chocolate milkshake, also decent, but not as good (or chocolatey) as the shakes at Graffiti Burger for example.

My partner had a burger-I think it was the Flipside burger, he absolutely loved it. The fries we shared were very tasty as well, with truffle oil and cheese.

I didn’t indulge but they have a pretty impressive selection of craft beers, as well as a nice patio. I would definitely go back and try another selection.

Nicholas Herum
    Participant

Ate there yesterday in between seeing a couple of movies. The waitress talked me out getting any fries since she said there’s enough for two people and I was by myself. With tip I dropped $15 for just a coke and very good cheeseburger (The Shawn Burger). Not the best value I’ve ever seen but for a special treat it was just fine.

hajames66
    Participant

I agree on the value comment.

Good burgers really good fries.

For $15 I should get something besides a burger. A pickle, some slaw, chips or something. I get a side of fries with a burger of similar quality (veggie or beef) at Northstar a few steps away for about the same price.

placebohigh
    Participant

I heard they’re putting one in the Short North…anyone know where?

Mister Shifter
    Participant

New location opening in the old Yankee Trader in the Short North.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The news broke here.
    They are currently gutting the whole building.
    I wish those dang kids would get out of my loading zone.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: