Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Five-Story Warehouse Converting to Student Housing

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Five-Story Warehouse Converting to Student Housing

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I think the rendering is fine conceptually, although I wonder if the sidewalks will need to be widened to accommodate trees.

I bike/run through this area a lot and have often thought that if that small parking lot across from Ballet Met were a bricked plaza, and the streets surrounding it got the brick treatment, the sidewalks could be removed and it could be slowed into a mixed traffic street (think Pearl Alley).

Add a couple of sidewalk cafes or restaurants and you’ve got the start of a nice little area over there.

cbustrendbender
    cbustrendbender
    Participant

Here are some recent photos from the 4th floor of the 358 Mt. Vernon Ave building. Looks like it has great potential for lofts filled with lots of light!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: