Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Noisy poor kids in Bicentennial Park Fountain

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Noisy poor kids in Bicentennial Park Fountain

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

concerned_citzen54
    Participant

Finally, the Columbus Parks Director, Alan McKnight has listened to reason. I live in the Waterford building which sits across the street from Bicentennial Park. I have fought against this annoying “Scioto Mile” thing for from the very beginning. I don’t want dirty, lazy poor children down here. Call me a elitist if you want, but it’s the truth… I am better than most people. I worked hard and put myself through law school. Lazy poor people don’t deserve a cent of my money and it was a waste of tax payer money.

I like to go to bed at 8 p.m. on the dot, but now I can’t because all I hear is the racket of poor urban riffraff playing in that damn fountain. The incessant laughter and shouting drives me crazy. It is a public nuisance and I intend to see it destroyed.

I am proud to announce that thanks to my noble efforts the noisy street urchin (that frolic in that wasteful use of city resources) will have to find somewhere else to play. The fountain will now close a 9 p.m. each night. Eventually I hope to dismantle it completely, but at least this is a start.

I am 83 years young, but if these brats want someplace to play, they should gets off their lazy behinds and get jobs. No one coddled me. My father earned every dollar he made — no government handouts.

I want to thank Mr. McKnight for finally seeing the truth and at least curtailing these unruly children to some degree. Night is the worst there… that’s when the poor parents and children are most prevalent. Sorry, but if you can’t take your child to the fountain during the day (or better yet work hard and buy a pool on your own dime), then maybe the good lord is trying to tell you something. You are lazy and don’t need to be wasting time in a park.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Well, this should be interesting.

Coy
    Participant

Troll Level= Jedi

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

Troll Level= Jedi

You think so? I prefer more subtly myself. Although I do particularly like No one coddled me. My father earned every dollar he made — no government handouts. That is just well crafted there.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I knew he wasn’t trolling when he said he’s 83.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I don’t see what the problem is?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I knew he wasn’t trolling when he said he’s 83.

I’m not buying anyone 83 living in Waterford Towers.

concerned_citzen54
    Participant

I don’t see what the problem is?

The problem is I worked hard and deserve some peace and quiet. Now I am made to suffer… Imagine coming home and wanting to sit out on your quiet balcony with a glass of wine only to have your night shattered by noisy little brats yelling and screaming. It makes my blood boil. I sit there and get angrier by the second when I look at these dirty people in their t-shirts and I know that they are only able to do this by stealing from ME! These people don’t pay taxes. I do. My money was squandered on these moochers who want something for nothing.

concerned_citzen54
    Participant

Troll Level= Jedi

Not sure what a troll is, but I guess it is supposed to be something bad. I just don’t mince words. I am too old to try an be “politically correct”. Everyone I know thinks this way but are afraid to “hurt feelings”… Maybe we should “hurt some feelings” maybe it will make these bums go out and get real jobs.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Citizen54 2016!

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The problem is I worked hard and deserve some peace and quiet.

So you bought a condo a hundred feet from the interstate?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Troll Level= Jedi

You think so? I prefer more subtly myself. Although I do particularly like No one coddled me. My father earned every dollar he made — no government handouts. That is just well crafted there.

+1

Way too over the top to be real.

But oh well… not everyone is an amazing fiction writer.

concerned_citzen54
    Participant

Not only that… they play “gangster tunes” over the PA night and day. The junk that rots your brain… thug sex rap “music” (though I wouldn’t call it music) by that Taylor Whose-it and Kelly Perry (not sure how to spell it).

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Would have been funnier without the follow up posts, IMO. Now it’s a little…off-putting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE