Our City Online

Messageboard - Food & Drink Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Fifth by Northwest Area Commission (Grandview) PIZZA CRAWL - Thursday, Sept 13

Home Forums Events Food & Drink Events Fifth by Northwest Area Commission (Grandview) PIZZA CRAWL – Thursday, Sept 13

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

brucemortland
    Participant

GCrites80s
    Participant

Alright! Glad to see this event return.

derm
    derm
    Participant

Which ones on the list. I can come up with nearly 20 pizza joints in a 10 block radius of the coffee shop.

5XNW
    Participant

This is a partial list, I know that Bruce is working on more (may have more already): Mama Mimi’s, Sparanos, Bono’s, Rocco’s, Piazza and Romeo’s… It’ll start at 6pm at the Grandview Grind and fan out from there – to try out the local ‘za! The best pizza place wins bragging rights for a year!

5XNW
    Participant

And Grandads!

brucemortland
    Participant

And Donatos, Little Caesars, BONO’s CANNOT PARTICIPATE BECAUSE OF PRIOR COMMITMENTS. Please check at Grandview Grind for the latest list of pizza shop participants. Thanks!

Celebrate the Italian heritage of the Grandview community. Fifth by Northwest is the Columbus community north of 3rd Avenue.

5XNW
    Participant

Lots of Pizza – very little dough! $1 a slice – meet greet and walk this fabulous neighborhood! Celebrate the neighborhood’s Italian heritage and legacy of pizza shops! Vote for you favorite – the winning shop will get bragging rights as the best ‘za in 5XNW for a year! Check us out on Twitter – 5thbyNW and Tweet to cast your vote! Starts at 6pm at the Grandview Grind on 9/13/12.

brucemortland
    Participant

The weather looks like it’s going to be great Thursday evening: high 70s and sunny. A great night for a walk and a slice of pizza!

It all starts at the Grandview Grind: Stop by a pick up a map. This walking tour (max 3.5 miles to tag all the pizza shops) will take you down great, pedestrian-friendly streets. You’ll get a chance to try a variety of pizzas from the area, wander the neighborhood, enjoy the weather and maybe learn a little about the Italian heritage of the area.

Questions: contact Bruce Mortland, 614-327-6300, [email protected]

brucemortland
    Participant

Great food, great weather, great walking, great community. And it all happens tomorrow night!

Join us for the Fifth by Northwest Pizza Crawl

brucemortland
    Participant

Thanks to all the vendors and all our ‘crawlers’. Piazza, Roccos, Cowtown, Grandads, Little Caesars, Sparanos, Meisters and Donatos wowed people with slices of the best pizzas in town.

We hope everyone had a great time! Like us on facebook to keep up with all the latest, exciting events in the neighborhood: wearefifthbynorthwest on facebook.

Your Fifth by Northwest Area Commissioners,
    Bruce Mortland
    Rick Kuhman
    Carrie Patton
    Ryan Edwards
    Becky Obester
    Bruce McKibben
    Bruce Shalter

5XNW
    Participant

And, thanks to Columbus Underground for such a great forum to post community events! I specifically asked several people how they found out about the event, and they mentioned this site! As always, you provide a place to have a community conversation about “all things Columbus”!

And, “Crawlers” let us know your favorites – either through Columbus Underground, on our FifthbyNorthwest Facebook page, via Twitter at #5thbyNW – or via our Web page at http://www.fifthbynorthwest.org. We had 152 participants, 9 pizza shops, 3+ miles walked tonight, and 81 degrees – we couldn’t have asked for a better night! Go 5XNW!

mrpoppinzs

Dropped by late as I had some meetings. I thought all the pizza we tried tasted great (it’s pizza after all) but I especially enjoyed Cowtown. That was the first time I had their pizza as well as many others. A close second was Piazza, but we never would have noticed or found their location if it had not been for the map. (They are roughly behind Giant Eagle at the far end of the Grinder’s strip on a street/alley called Ida.) We were surprised that Panzera’s did not participate (people on their patio asked us why we were carrying around plates of pizza and a map).

It was a nice event and we hope to make it out there next year! Thanks 5xNW commission!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Food & Drink Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE