Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Fiery Death Pizza with Hate Sausage from Mikey's Late Night Slice

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Fiery Death Pizza with Hate Sausage from Mikey's Late Night Slice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Anyone tried this thing yet? We just had one dropped off at our offices for lunch.

Liner Notes
    Liner Notes
    Participant

I think I tried a slice a while back with this “Hate Sausage” or something similar on it. Definitely lives up to its billing.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Ghost peppers = use very sparingly. They’re best enjoyed like the muffled boom of distant thunder, taking a while to roll in. Too close, and then there’s a harsh crack … well, enough said.

Graybeak
    Participant

I am all for food with flavor, and do enjoy spicy food.
    I don’t however understand this fascination with foods that are specifically designed to wipe out your taste buds with a nuclear blast of heat.
    Any food advertised as “not your friend” or “will make you cry” doesn’t sound very appetizing to me.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I had one bite. Mouth started to burn after a few seconds and heated up to the point of excessive saliva production and my face turned red. The heat was gone from my mouth after maybe 15 minutes, though I can still feel it tingling the corners of my mouth/lips an hour later. As the heat died out from my mouth, it moved into my upper abdomen and felt like heartburn for awhile. I ate a few ounces of yogurt afterward and that seemed to help that go away after a few more minutes.

I don’t think I’m going back for a second bite. Yeesh.

More info coming soon on the rest of the pizza. ;)

tolemac5050
    Participant

SO Walker…how was the pizza???? Our messages crossed…

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Graybeak said:
    I am all for food with flavor, and do enjoy spicy food.
    I don’t however understand this fascination with foods that are specifically designed to wipe out your taste buds with a nuclear blast of heat.
    Any food advertised as “not your friend” or “will make you cry” doesn’t sound very appetizing to me.

+1

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

tolemac5050 said:
    SO Walker…how was the pizza????

Ha! I posted my experience just seconds prior to you saying that.

I will say though that I had a very hard time talking for about 5 minutes after that one bite.

ricospaz
    Participant

Walker said:
    I had one bite. Mouth started to burn after a few seconds and heated up to the point of excessive saliva production and my face turned red. The heat was gone from my mouth after maybe 15 minutes, though I can still feel it tingling the corners of my mouth/lips an hour later. As the heat died out from my mouth, it moved into my upper abdomen and felt like heartburn for awhile. I ate a few ounces of yogurt afterward and that seemed to help that go away after a few more minutes.

I don’t think I’m going back for a second bite. Yeesh.

More info coming soon on the rest of the pizza. ;)

I’m going to Woodlands tonight and was debating with others if we should try it. After reading this….

No way!

force5
    Participant

The key is to smother it in the garlic butter sauce!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

ricospaz said:
    I’m going to Woodlands tonight and was debating with others if we should try it. After reading this….

No way!

Yeah, I like spicy food, but this was just painful. I was so so happy we still had some yogurt in the fridge at work. Without it I’d probably still be having chest pain right now.

News
    Participant

Fiery Death Pizza an Inferno in the Stomach
    Published on February 21, 2013 2:45 pm
    By: Ayana Wilson

When Matthew J Meloche, facebook fan, insisted under the threat of riot that Mikey’s Late Night Slice create a ghost chili pizza, partners Jason Biundo and Mikey Sorboro got to work formulating a pizza so diabolical, Matthew, and any other potential protesters, would be satisfied. Partnering with long-time spice king CaJohn’s, the Fiery Death Pizza was concocted using the two hottest chilis on the planet: the Bhut Jolokia or Ghost Chili, and the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion pepper.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/fiery-death-pizza-an-inferno-in-the-stomach-aw1

alison

And remember: whatever goes in… must also come out.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

alison said:
    And remember: whatever goes in… must also come out.

:(

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

I didn’t try it. But I’m a weakling when it comes to spicy food!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION