Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Ohio Abortion Bill

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Ohio Abortion Bill

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 340 total)
  • Author
    sdbuck1
    sdbuck1
    Participant

Unborn child to ‘testify’ on Ohio abortion bill

By JULIE CARR SMYTH, The Associated Press

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A fetus has been scheduled as a legislative witness in Ohio on a unique bill that proposes outlawing abortions after the first heartbeat can be medically detected.

Faith2Action, the anti-abortion group that has targeted Ohio to pilot the measure, called the in-utero witness the youngest to ever come before the House Health Committee at 9 weeks old.

READ MORE: http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/ohio-news/unborn-child-to-testify-on-ohio-abortion-bill-1093746.html

facepalm

Twixlen
    Participant

Yeah. This has been under much discussion in my circle o’ peeps.

The only logical thing I can think is that these people are brain damaged from drinking rubbing alcohol.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

fetus charged with perjury

Rockmastermike
    Participant

The “political theater” just finally sank to the level of modern cinema. This is pretty much the political version of “The hotty and the notty 2 IN 3D”.

Twixlen
    Participant

I’m hearing that they couldn’t get the heartbeat, via standard ultrasound. And that a vaginal ultrasound was suggested, but shot down. (Can’t imagine why, seems so natural to do that in a room full of people, ya know, in a courtroom.)

rus
    rus
    Participant

Rockmastermike wrote >>
    The “political theater” just finally sank to the level of modern cinema. This is pretty much the political version of “The hotty and the notty 2 IN 3D”.

Of course, I had to look that up. Part of me died a little.

SusanB
    Participant

I’m hearing that they couldn’t get the heartbeat, via standard ultrasound. And that a vaginal ultrasound was suggested, but shot down. (Can’t imagine why, seems so natural to do that in a room full of people, ya know, in a courtroom.)

Ha!

FAIL

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Twixlen wrote >>
    I’m hearing that they couldn’t get the heartbeat, via standard ultrasound.

stillbirth to testify in front of congress

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

rus wrote >>
    Part of me died a little.

was it the fetus that you were trying to get to testify?

rus
    rus
    Participant

JimL2 wrote >>

rus wrote >>

No, that was lunch.

Next up, a pile of fecal matter to testify…

Twixlen
    Participant

rus wrote >>

JimL2 wrote >>

rus wrote >>

No, that was lunch.

Next up, a pile of fecal matter to testify…

There’s an Ashcroft joke in there somewhere.

GW_Justice
    Participant

The Maddow Blog has more on this stunt.

Ms. Porter, the woman behind this theater, co-chaired Mike Huckabee’s Faith and Family Values coalition in 2007. She also organized the “Values Voter Debate”. Maddow has some video from that freak show, not to be missed is a gospel choir singing “Why Should God Bless America?”

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

under advisement of its lawyer, fetus chooses to withhold its heartbeat at this time, under the protections afforded it by the fifth amendment of the united states constitution.

Aaron Marshall
    Participant

I was there in my capacity as a Statehouse reporter for the Plain Dealer. Here’s a brief blog entry I filed on today’s unusual hearing. A more full report will be in tomorrow’s Plain Dealer.

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2011/03/ultrasound_images_of_two_fetus.html

wildgoose77

TESTIFY

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 340 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE