Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Favorite liquor store?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Favorite liquor store?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author

Matthew
    Participant

I found a liquor store in Florida once that was as big as a small (old-style) Walmart. Truly amazing, the variety of booze from around the globe all in one place.

enzo
    Participant

Europa because I love the owner.

The Sharon Square Liquor Shop is great, it’s on North High between Graceland and Worthington.

huffman’s market has a good selection of good beer

and they’re open on sunday

both of these have already been mentioned, just repeatin’ it

Palmers on Oak Park and Indianola (clintonville) because it’s really close to me and the girl that works there is cute.

KMSBarnes

Out of curiosity, and I figured this would be the thread in which to ask, is there any place in Columbus who would sell Old Tom “Ransom” Gin? Or have any of you seen that before?

Mercurius
    Participant

KMSBarnes wrote >>
    Out of curiosity, and I figured this would be the thread in which to ask, is there any place in Columbus who would sell Old Tom “Ransom” Gin? Or have any of you seen that before?

Good stuff but not available in Ohio (or at The Party Source in KY.) You can order it right to your front step though.

KMSBarnes

ooh, neat. thank you!

geedeck
    Participant

Another vote for Mid-west Liquor at 4th St. & 5th Ave. Workmanlike selection, open till 10pm on Fri/Sat and you are in and out in 5min.

PLUS! You can always hope that the shady rib shack is open across the street. Their ribs are decent, but their sides just really bring things home. Man I could go for some greens and cornbread right now. Well and ribs. And liquor. And…

drtom1234
    Participant

Now that Europa is closed, any thoughts on a high end liquor store in Columbus? Specifically, I’m hoping to order a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle when it’s released this fall. The Pappy web site doesn’t list any retailers in Ohio who carry it, but I’m hoping someone in town could do a special order.

mrpoppinzs

drtom1234 said:
    Now that Europa is closed, any thoughts on a high end liquor store in Columbus? Specifically, I’m hoping to order a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle when it’s released this fall. The Pappy web site doesn’t list any retailers in Ohio who carry it, but I’m hoping someone in town could do a special order.

I have had luck with the SN Kroger liquor store on a special order.

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: