Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Favorite liquor store?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Favorite liquor store?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author

Bear
    Participant

A bit of searching around didn’t provide much coherent wisdom on this (but then again, I’m not the nimblest CU searcher, so apologies if it’s already been covered). So, here goes.

I’ve made only a very sketchy survey of my local liquor stores so far, and what I’ve discovered tends to be good but not jaw-dropping. Selections are reasonable but not spectacular, prices are okay (for Ohio). Continuing to check these places out one at a time on foot is probably a needlessly costly and frustrating proposition.

So I put it to you all. Where do you go when you’re looking for a good variety of alcohol at reasonable prices? (Other than Kentucky, that is.) What’s your go-to source for liquor? Are there any that have especially good prices or especially good selections, or both?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Huffman’s market, because they actually sell on Sundays.

bayrea
    Participant

I always just go to the one next to Burger King in Grandview, mainly because they used to have a bunny rabbit inside the store. The place in the Short North seems overpriced to me… I think I remember buying a 4 dollar redbull there..

Ndcent

i’ll usually just go to europia since it’s close and convenient.

that or the state store on fifth and heroin.

wheres that huffmans that does sunday sales? i went out for a bottle of seagrams last nite but no luck.

lifeliberty
    Participant

normally the store just south of Ravari/Hound dogs.

once in a while the store at 5th and 4th for the street cred :wink:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ndcent wrote i’ll usually just go to europia since it’s close and convenient.

that or the state store on fifth and heroin.

wheres that huffmans that does sunday sales? i went out for a bottle of seagrams last nite but no luck.

It is in UA, on Tremont. It is in a little strip mall there. Tremont Center is the name of the plaza.

Mercurius
    Participant

Mercurius
    Participant

Weiland’s has Sunday sales too

Ndcent

Mercurius wrote Weiland’s has Sunday sales too

Nice…I won’t forget that. Important to note they close at 5pm on sunday though.

not exactly a liquor store per se, but when i was still in school and living on king ave, i lived right across from viking and the beer selection there was fantastic. they also had quite a bit of wine and a few liquor selections, but nothing too over the top.

cmhcow
    Participant

Europia. I get to support a local business while supporting my habits!

PLUS they have Sunday hours!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

If I’m thinking ahead, I definitely do Weiland’s after work…and blow half my paycheck on tasty food while I’m there.

If not, I usually do the place on 5th in Grandview although I hate that they don’t take debit cards.

BrianG

Weiland’s is a great place. They have a nice selection of liquor, beer, wine and food. The employees are really nice as well.

Matthew
    Participant

Ghetto liquor at 5th Ave and 4th st. Dunno about selection, but there’s always entertainment.

We always go to Europia, more than we should probably.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: