Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Favorite Healthy/Quick/Cheap Lunches?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Favorite Healthy/Quick/Cheap Lunches?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

So… does anyone have a favorite spot for quick/healthy/cheap lunches in the central city? I’ve been cutting back my caloric intake, which makes dining out difficult as it’s more often the norm that a meal is a 800+ calorie adventure. I’m looking for about half that (250-500 calorie range), but also something tasty and something quick (grab and go is best).

Small sandwiches are good. I grabbed a kielbasa kolache today from Kolache Republic for $3.50, which was perfect on the run. A small pre-made sandwich from Kroger’s deli area is another fast one for $4. Hill’s Market has similar sandwiches or pastries/muffins/etc that work.

Anyone else have any recommendations? Fast/Cheap/Healthy lunch! Go!

metrobabylon
    Participant

bumping this because i wish i had suggestions but i just started working downtown a couple months ago myself. i’ve taken the CBUS to the Kroger on Front Street several times, would love to know what other options are around. sometimes a frozen lean cuisine just isn’t cutting it. =]

Fsonicsmith
    Participant

It’s not easy, but you already know that.
    My go-tos are the salad bar at Hills-focus on just the green salad mix and then go to the prepared food section and pick out a chunk of salmon or chicken to top it with and some vinegar dressing.
    The other good choice is NM’s Lac Viet and pick the number 7 (chicken pho) or the chicken and cold noodle salad.
    I miss Ray Johnson and his fish house on Main. I used to order his salmon cooked in soy and ginger served by itself.
    When the NM has the pop-up vendor doing kale smoothies-that is a good healthy $5 lunch. Also, while not cheap, you can order just smoked turkey on rye at Katzingers (either location) for $8.50.
    Also not cheap, but so good, is Si Senor’s cerviche. Too bad it’s only available on Saturday. Perhaps the new El Arepazo on S. High will offer daily cerviche-the Gahanna location does but the Pearl Alley (to my knowledge) does not.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: